Anyone got any pictures of TU engine mounts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone got any pictures of TU engine mounts?
A good friend of mine has a 1.6 16v TU5J4 going spare at the moment, it's all in pieces, so would need putting back together, but essentially nothing wrong with it... I just fancy a play with a TU, revvier, lighter, easier to extract power from, sound better.

So, i need to see some engine mounts, whether they'll fit in a 306 or not... I don't know if the 1.4/1.6 8v mounts are the same as the 16v mounts... That could be the deciding factor...

Essentially it should be a plug and play conversion as long as the mounts can be used... Then Megasquirt'd Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan wtf are you pissing about with the light juice for?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Ruan wtf are you pissing about with the light juice for?

What Dave said, wrong fuel and no boost, get a grip! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
If it works, I'd be interested...

Remember - TU5s will take 300hp on stock internals...

Oh - and no boost - well, you'd be wrong...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
hmmmmm....................WTF have you got planned! it would appear that you have put more thought into this than first appears! Confusedhock:
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
1.6 16v Turbo...

To annoy GTi6s with?

What else do you think?
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:1.6 16v Turbo...

To annoy GTi6s with?

What else do you think?

OK I shall watch with interest then Wink

Sounds like it could be fun!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
If it fits - win, if it doesn't sod it, I CBA with custom engine mounts.

Also remember that a 1.6 16v has MUCH more room in the engine bay... You can fit a small family of illegal immigrants between the exhaust header and the radiator...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:If it fits - win, if it doesn't sod it, I CBA with custom engine mounts.

Also remember that a 1.6 16v has MUCH more room in the engine bay... You can fit a small family of illegal immigrants between the exhaust header and the radiator...

Or a small family of snails ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
The engine mounts should be the same.. They never changed the main mounts on the car. The subframes are different and you will need a TU one or a big drill
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:1.6 16v Turbo...

To annoy GTi6s with?

What else do you think?

Once you've done it tho you will then have to find someone with a 6.. most of them are either broken (Fooby's) or being broken for spares.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'll just bolt on the TU lower mount adapter to the subframe.

I just don't know if the 8v and 16v mount is the same where it mounts to the block/head?

See - Family of Snails:
[Image: wilp39.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The photoshop skills are amazing and you know what I ment lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Hahahah thats brilliant Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBH, it's mostly just to upset the GTi6 forums' general idea that Turbos just DESTROY driveability, make them impossible to drive... Which is bullshit...

More fun - yes!

If I wanted to get round a track STUPIDLY fast, I wouldn't buy a 306, there's much better ways to get round a track FAST (Caterham?) but they're about having fun, boost is FUN, I don't care what people say Wink
Thanks given by:
I cant see the mounts being different between 8v's and 16v's tbh. The saxo and 106 boys swap out the 1.4's and 1.6 8v's for 16v lumps no problem dont they?
Thanks given by:
also the Xsara came with the 1.6 16v engine.. so the mounts should be the same.
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, the Xsara VTR had a 1.6 16v?

Worst case, use the mounts off of that.
Thanks given by:
have a look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Citroen- ... 3a726a5e60
Thanks given by:
Can't see shit all really, need to see how it mounts to the block in comparison to the 8vs in a 306...

I'm sure I'll work it out somehow.
Thanks given by:
The valver motor has a 4 bolt top engine mount and the 8v has a 3 bolt mount iirc, not sure if either of these are the same or not to any of the XU motors fitted to the 306, but the 8v TU 306 mount wont fit the 16v motor, but im sure there is a mount that fits, or you can just mod one to make it fit, being an upright engine they sit behind the head iirc..

The valver TU is epic win over the '6 motor ill admit, mainly just for the noise / responce the ones ive drove have over the sluggish'6 motor that always feels lazy to me..

BUT....this is pretty fail Ruan....TU trannys are shit and converting to XU is a bit of a lash.....Petrols drink tonnes of fuel......dont sound half as naughty as a derv on boost, and just fails the whole derv mafia!

Please tell me your plannin on dropping this in another car and not ruining the VNT bus?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Going back to my 106 days, you could use the 8v 1.6 top mount with the 16v engine. You just had to grind a chunk out so it didn't foul the side of the cam cover.

Could be the same case with the 306 top mount.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just had a discussion with a lad that used to do 106s... Apparently the mount is essentially the same, just needs a bit cutting off...

It's not to replace the dervbus don't worry, nothing will get rid of that, its worth nothing and its worth more to me as a car....

And its not for a 306 either...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:If it works, I'd be interested...

Remember - TU5s will take 300hp on stock internals...

Oh - and no boost - well, you'd be wrong...

My 206 has a tu5jp4s, i killed the shitty gearbox in no time - chocolate diffs as standard so maybe convert to a BE box from a picasso, but from what i remember theres a bit of pissing about required. Much stronger though!

300bhp from standard internals.. really?! Confusedhock: What torque you looking at?

How much are the build them yourself megasquirts these days?
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Very interested to see how this works out! Give me a call sometime this week Ruan if you get chance mate.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This thread will be watched like a hawk Big Grin 300bhp on stock internals is insane!

Be sure to keep us updated mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:This thread will be watched like a hawk Big Grin 300bhp on stock internals is insane!

Be sure to keep us updated mate Smile
dont think hes going forr 300 horses, he just says thats what its capable of. still full of win though.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah i know but - These Cornish people are lunatics!
Thanks given by:
Ruan dosnt live in Cornwall anymore Wink

Probs got something to do with why this thread involves petrol lol.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha Smile He is still very much Cornish at heart though!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by: