Pressuring coolant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressuring coolant
Right, I've recently replaced the radiator on my 205 xud and developed an overheating problem. It became more noticeable on the way to fcs.
Driving Normally the temperature stays fine and stable but when booted the system pressurises and begins dumping water out the overflow and cooks pretty much instantly .
I've checked all the clamps and pipes as the only thing that's been tampered with in the system is the rad and can't work it out.
Also I have built the engine around 3k ago and have got a victor reinz headgasket and arp headstuds
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your headgaskets gone.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you havnt fully blead the system
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
have you properly bled the system, heating it up fully and using a header tank? . . . .if not then do that . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yea I'm pretty sure I have bled it up properly and yea I have got a header tank. I've opened Up all the bleed screws and got all the air out that way never had a problem with bleeding up any other car before I'll give it another go though.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 12:07 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Yea I'm pretty sure I have bled it up properly and yea I have got a header tank. I've opened Up all the bleed screws and got all the air out that way never had a problem with bleeding up any other car before I'll give it another go though.

yes but, you need the header tank in and run the engine until the fans come on, then it will swallow the last bit and purge all the air . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yea that's what I usually do it has a header tank even used the bottle method aswell the heaters are still hot aswell
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 12:20 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Yea that's what I usually do it has a header tank even used the bottle method aswell the heaters are still hot aswell

the bottle method is what i meant, heaters will get hot mate, it's that last bit of air that you can only get rid of when thermostat is fully open . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Right then. I have taken the radiator off and gave the whole coolant system a flush through and also the new radiator took the thermostat out put it all together and bled it all up with the bottle method and touch wood everything seems to be ok atm. No overheating and no pressurising :-). Very happy
I'm going to run it without a thermostat for a week to make sure it's fine and then get a new one.
Thanks given by:
Good news ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: