dodgy maf sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dodgy maf sensor
My 306 hdi is very un responsive especially high in the rev range. i unplugged my maf and took the car for another spin. and it was like a different car. so much more responsive! Would this defo mean i need a new maf? my clutch is also very heavy and sort of makes a klunk noise near biting point. i have just removed that spring near the pedal but still no joy. Would a clutch cable fix this problem do u think? thanks in advance guys
Thanks given by:
And if so does anybody have a genuine MAF for sale as i dont wanna buy aftermarket rubbish. thanks
Thanks given by:
Buy a new siemens vdo maf, so many second hand ones or other make ones just arent worth messing with. Have you checked the mounts etc to see if its engine moving and knocking?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh checked the engine mounts mate. No play at all there. Where would I get a Siemens maf from?
Thanks given by:
Could be the clutch cable, could be the clutch itself.

Funnily enough i've got a genuine siemens vdo maf here that i only bought a couple of months ago, done about 3000 miles. I'm upgrading so this one's for sale, think they're about £70 new so say £50 posted?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 06:22 AM)Poodle Wrote: Could be the clutch cable, could be the clutch itself.

Funnily enough i've got a genuine siemens vdo maf here that i only bought a couple of months ago, done about 3000 miles. I'm upgrading so this one's for sale, think they're about £70 new so say £50 posted?

Sold mate. PayPal? Yeh I will change the cable then first. Not looking forward to that job!
Thanks given by:
Sure, drop another reply in here then you'll have ten messages and i can pm you. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 04:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sure, drop another reply in here then you'll have ten messages and i can pm you. Wink

10th post Smile

cant pm u back till i have 20 posts.....

email me mate so i have your email address so i can give u my postage details.
wacker315@gmail.com
Thanks given by:
Have you tried cleaning the MAF? I believe you can use most switch cleaner or something thats ok for MAF's not just specific MAF cleaner, its a cheap fix here check this out;

http://youtu.be/xQGSkWEC_u4
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dodgy starting sound DeeTurbo 0 661 16-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo