Exhaust options for fresh turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust options for fresh turbo
Just had to pay 30 quid for an elbow welded to a piece of f*cking steel. Normally the guy would charge me 5 or 10 quid but it seems like the place is under new management. Is there anyway to avoid this? You guys always seem to find a cheap way around things, but as far as I know first I have to sort the elbow to reducer pipe before I can get a clamp on sleeve so that means getting welding done again at least once, but I'm damned if I have to pay another 30 quid. Here's the evidence:

[Image: P1010007_zps1f6c455a.jpg]

This project is fast approaching the £800 pound mark, more than what I paid for the carAngry
Thanks given by:
Buy a welder for £30?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Where are you based somebody from here may offer to do it for you? i would if your close to me!
Thanks given by:
Looks like your potatoe is lacking auto focus. As for my welding i have, christ now that i think about it, a good 5 different places i could go to get stuff welded mates rates, and then if i wanted to get charged 30 quid i could probably find one of those aswell! Get on facebook groups and see if anyone local can do some welding for you?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 09:05 PM)Tom Wrote: Looks like your potatoe is lacking auto focus.

Sorry haha had to laugh at potatoe.. too many 'tomatoes' ?
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 08:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Buy a welder for £30?!

I might just take the plunge now you mention it. I would have had a bigger budget if I had bought a welder in the first place, that's damn near 80 pounds I have spent on welding, as well as driving there and back. The trouble is I need to get this solved fast, it is loud and I don't want to attract attention, people already look as I drive by smoothly.

(04-06-2014, 09:05 PM)Tom Wrote: Looks like your potatoe is lacking auto focus. As for my welding i have, christ now that i think about it, a good 5 different places i could go to get stuff welded mates rates, and then if i wanted to get charged 30 quid i could probably find one of those aswell! Get on facebook groups and see if anyone local can do some welding for you?

Hardly any garages around here weld at all it seems. I am not on Facebook unfortunately and it's not really the sort of thing I would want to bother people about. I just don't have a network of people at all. It is me against the world and that's all I know lol

Everything seems so much more expensive down here!

Would it be too restrictive to use some of the old 2.25 exhaust system? Or what about a compromise, 2.5 inches up to the old mid and then from there on 2.25 inches? Does the extra quarter inch make a huge difference then?

I do need a solution urgently whatever it is as the noise and fumes are nauseating at the moment!

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2014, 04:11 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Does the extra quarter inch make a huge difference then?

Yes size does matter..

Oh the exhaust you mean?

2.25 is ok but that's it. 2.5 is what you want, and you'll be better off with 3" elbow
Thanks given by:
Just wack on what you have, and deal with possible upgrades later on.

I would be more worried about 2psi of boost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
2.5" upto the "cat" then 2.25" "cat back" would be absolutely fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
If your anywhere near castleford I can weld it for you, 20 years exp in fabrication and sheet metal work!!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD build turbo options Adam CD P1 16 10,172 26-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: monika16
  Tell me how to spend some money pls.. turbo options? 089 8 4,216 22-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Fresh oil in the engine room Iaitoo 0 867 23-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Iaitoo