Straight D clock change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight D clock change?
Well I presume the loom is the same on the straight D as Dturbo models? I pulled a straight d engine of a 306 and it has a RPM sensor on the flywheel same as the dturbo but the straight d has only a MPH clock and time clock, was wondering if it was just plug and play the different clocks from a ph2 Dturbo to ph2 straight d? I know 306s take alot of notions of none working RPM clocks..Angel
Thanks given by:
Nothing? Or will I just have to find out the hard way?lol
Thanks given by:
similar years / same phase should be the same

early phase 1 had a cable driven speedo and different block connectors
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 as long as it's electronic speedo and not the VDO cluster, need the Jaeger cluster (VDO is rare though in Diesels) - will fit another Phase 1, even cable speedo *should* fit, but don't quote me on that, I've never tried.

Phase 2 Diesel needs a Phase 2 Diesel cluster (or revs won't work)

Phase 3 needs *any* Phase 3 cluster - petrol clocks work on HDis in Ph3 but isn't backwards compatible with Phase 2.

Plugs are the same across P2/P3 - but they way they sense revs is different.

P1 Plugs are totally different, don't really have much experience of P1 clusters.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ill stick a set of PH2 dturbo clocks in next weekend in on my project I have going.. Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tempurature clock to non temp clock Ben Jay 10 3,235 28-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim