T teg, 306 1.4 banger racer. Wiring help needed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T teg, 306 1.4 banger racer. Wiring help needed.
Hello everyone.
I'm currently stripping a 306 to use as a light contact banger racing car. I have gutted the interior being carefull not to remove any essential wiring but I left the key in the ignition when I pulled the dash out and managed to bend it and now it won't start. It turns over and I can hear the fuel pump, there is also pressure at the fuel rail but I think it is immobilised as there doesn't seem to be a spark.
So I have a few questions,
1. There is no battery in the key, will I need to replace this to start the car as the battery has been disconnected?
2. Is the key matched to the ecu and the halo is just a receiver or do they all need to match?
3. Any idea which wires I can do without on the ecu? I should really remove as much as possible and just need enough to run the engine.

Any help greatly appreciated, even better if you are local to north wales and wouldn't mind taking a look for me I can offer a few beer tokens. There are a few bits and bobs I have removed you are welcome to, blue bumpers, lights, parcel shelf with hidden speakers, side glass etc.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
there is an imobiliser chip in the fob, and a receiver on the ignition barrel, have you moved either of those? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The fob is a bit battered and bending the key right over can't have helped, there is a bit of damage on the halo too but they look intact. Is just the key paired to the ecu or the halo as well?
Thanks given by:
Halo = receiver. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
what part of north wales are you in? over
Thanks given by:
Checked all the fuses?
Thanks given by:
I'm in shotton, all the fuses are ok, a good auto electrician has had a look and no joy. Is there a head off an earlier engine that will go on the block in this one. I think the best option would be to convert it to carb instead. Or possibly an older engine that would drop straight in? If not i'll have to give up and scrap it.
Is the 1.4 engine worth ebaying or would anyone be interested ina swap for their none fuel injected engin?
Thanks given by:
Any old tu engine will drop in. Just get a carbed manifold off a 205 plonk it on. If its a really late model one has diffrent stud pattern to early ones cant rember the engine codes though. Id buy a manifold stick a cheap arse carb on it for banger reacing
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It's the ignition that's a problem too though, I've gutted the wiring out now as I had given up but it will be a couple of weeks before I can scrap it. Is there any chance I could trade an old carbed engine for the 1.4 out of this one? I'd rather not spend any more money on it now.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring diagrams needed rep and beer tokens await 306Dan 1 1,341 19-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Last Post: puggered
  Wiring loom needed/passenger window stuck open... Mattinthehat 4 1,640 18-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mattinthehat
  Electric Sunroof Wiring Diagram Needed! jokerer 1 1,043 25-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cully