a favor for a friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a favor for a friend
ok so a friend of mine is looking for his first car now i would help him out but he's in Plymouth, so i was wandering if some one from hear was willing to give him a hand and make shour hes getting something that will last a little more than 12 months he has all reedy put a deposit down on a 1.9td 306

i have given him all the tips i can its just that he don't rely know one end from the other
Thanks given by:
IMO if i were him I'd get a HDi or TD as the 1.9 non turbo will get very boring within a year of driving (although very economical)
Thanks given by:
Bullet proof though, 1.9nad aint a bad idea.

Can always drop a turbo lump in when he can afford the insurance
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i missed the t out when i posted so its a td xud

i shall gently coax him on to the forum and get him to talk
Thanks given by:
If he's already put the deposit down there's not much we can do is there?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
well its only £50 deposit so he not losing much if he walks away
Thanks given by:
Ooh a TD one will be awesome.

Look out for the head gasket going (pressurising the coolant on boost), camber on the rear beam and rust up inside the rear arches if they are missing their liners.
Thanks given by:
I did end up going for it in the end although I'm still not sure if it was the best idea. Was quite scary driving it home, first time driving alone and first time in that car, I'd definitely been spoilt by the instructors almost brand new car.

Wouldn't start after I got it home, turns out they had split the negative terminal when swapping out the knackered battery with a pre worn. £2 fix

Took it for a drive, initially thought the diesel smell was normal but turns out there was a leak. One of the injectors I think has a corroded return pipe, no visible leak from the fuel pipe. It's the one on the end with the capped return pipe on one side which isn't leaking, I can't see the other side because the intercooler is in the way so I guess it could also be the o ring.

I'll try and upload some pictures when I get home later. It's is pretty pokey when it gets going Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the world of peugeot...just sounds like leak off pipes that join the injectors together...not too bad a fix.
Thanks given by:
Thats standard pug ownership. defo sounds like leak off pipe which is pennies from halfords or only about £6 from peugeot.
Thanks given by:
Hope it's not a lemon, although tbf as a first-time buyer you'll be lucky... At least if it is you're in the right place to keep it under control. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Another bloody nob^^

Oh I mean bot
Thanks given by:
Not sure it was a bot, just a bit of a random first post! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Turns out I was a nob for trying to use a hotmail account on here the first time round. I've got a leak off kit and intercooler seal on the way in the post

Taken a couple of pics:

[Image: 306_zps63f21e26.jpg~original]

Bit low on powersteering fluid and some rust coming through on the wheel arch behind the windscreen fluid pipe:

[Image: enginebay_zpsba8b506d.jpg~original]

At least the tyres are legal. Another problem is no tunes (not so bad when it can't actually go anywhere), the trader gave me a stereo but not sure how to connect it up or if the detached red cable matters:

[Image: stereo_zpse8026e81.jpg~original]

[Image: stereocables_zps7d7bbb9e.jpg~original]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another friend wants to join Sian 39 5,234 28-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Asking for a friend! Sian 35 3,498 07-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: doski
Exclamation favor from someone down south, dorset/hampshire - 20min from Salisbury Piggy 9 1,684 14-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Piggy