April Bank Holiday Camping Somerset Finalised

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Bank Holiday Camping Somerset Finalised
After 2 months of trying to organise this and with the Bank Holiday weekend only 10 days away we finally have finalised the details for our club camping trip on the weekend of Fri 06/04/12 - Mon 09/04/12

Many thanks to Kim who after alot of effort searching has found this gem of a campsite in Somerset, not too far from Stonehenge

http://www.stonehengecampsite.co.uk/rates

She's had a chat with them, and prices are £15 per night for medium size tent inc 2 people and a car. If you have a large tent then it's £20. Prices are charged per tent size and not per person. They except large groups of young people, and they're not so worried about the noise. They did say that amplified music is a no-no, but 'if people want to bring guitars that's fine, as often people sit around the fire and have a sing along'. Apparently the owner comes around and sees everyone/has a beer with them, but will tell you to keep it down if he needs to.

They also provide campfire pitches, so if we want one we have to request it, and BBQs are fine as long as they are raised. The only thing they no longer have is a pitch with electricity hook-up.

They didn't mention anything about a separate pitch, however they often have a bike group come so I'm sure they'd be prepared for us.

The general plan is turn up friday lunch time and spend all weekend talking about all things 306, drinking beer, BBQing EVERYTHING and generally have an amazing laugh.

Everyone welcome except knobs. We want to keep the good reputation the club is building and so if anyone causes shit theyll find themselves forcibly ejected as necessary. Dont think I need to explain what is acceptable as were all adults (apparently).

Address for the Sat Nav crew is Stonehenge Campsite, Berwick St James, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 4TQ

List of whos coming. Add yourself if you fancy it.

1. Scott + Kim. 1 car, 1 tent, Fri/Sat/Sun
2. Grant. 1 car, 1 tent. Fri/Sat/Sun
3. Gav (Hitchos), 1 Car, 1 Tent, Fri/Sat
4. Declan + havent decided yet, 1 car, 1 tent, Fri/Sat/Sun
5. Jake + other/s maybe?, 1 tent 1 car. Fri/Sat/Sun
6. Connor, 1 car Fri/Sat(maybe/Sun)
7. Matt, 1 car Sat/Sun (maybe)
8. Dum-Dum, 1 car, 1 tent, Fri and Sat night only as i cant spend £50 on a weekend away when im going away this weekend too
9. Poodle, 1 car, 1 tent, Fri/Sat (Maybe not sat, depends how well moving house is going)
10. Toby, 1 car, 1 tent (if I can find one cheaps), Sat/Sun
11. Niall, 1 car, I tent (fri/sat/sun)
12. Moonstone + MrsMoonstone 1 car, 1 tent Sat only (Maybe)
13. Springs - Although its my Bday on the Friday.. (Fri/Sat/Maybe Sun)
Thanks given by:
Really tempted to bring my Bike down with me for cycling to the pub and stonehenge if we go and that.
Thanks given by:
Delete this if you feel this is unnecessary..

Just a wee warning that the fuel tanker drivers have just voted to strike over Easter so get fuelled up before the Friday!!

Edit: "might strike over Easter" but it's looking likely and was their initial threat
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:Delete this if you feel this is unnecessary..

Just a wee warning that the fuel tanker drivers have just voted to strike over Easter so get fuelled up before the Friday!!

+1 Cheers for the heads up
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If anyone in the London area or en route wants a lift, there's 2 seats available in my car.

What's the deal with food? Are we all just doing our own little thing or are we all chipping in for one big BBQ?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ill be there Friday afternoon as im not setting off till bout 9 am
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:If anyone in the London area or en route wants a lift, there's 2 seats available in my car.

What's the deal with food? Are we all just doing our own little thing or are we all chipping in for one big BBQ?

I guess we can pop to the shops for most of the basics..

Not sure if we can get mark / Darren to provide some of their finest and someone pick it up on the way past if they are?
Thanks given by:
Darren and Mark sorted the meat, and everyone paid a couple of quid for it, ad we cooked it on one BBQ. So if they boys can't, we'll go to Costco and do something similar, unless everyone wants to do it themselves. Just have to remember that BBQs MUST BE RAISED.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
i have half a million bricks so raising a disposable is no problem Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've cleared this up, as we don't want it to get too big so people have to go searching through, like the last thread Smile
Thanks given by:
Well some bright spark closed the last one, now we'll just have to spam in here! And sorry, but couldn't resist this one:
"Wiltshire, SP3 4TQ"
Wooo here we come, Somerset! Sweet geography skillz mate. :p

(Feel free to clean that bit lol ^^^ )

Good idea on the bike dum-dum, mine's feeling unloved it could do with an outing. So are we having an area that's allowed a fire?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Won't be able to make this unfortunately. Have fun everyone!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Kim are we having a fire?
Thanks given by:
We should be, Scott and I will go through it all tonight.

Would be good if you could all let me know if you're interested in doing the mass BBQ, or if you'd rather sort yourselves out. PM please so we can keep the thread clean!
Thanks given by:
i would say 1 mass bbq unless you have special food requirements etc.. I would guess most that are going will eat the same food
Thanks given by:
Massive BBQ sounds good. If anyone has alot of boot space or a roof rack I MAY be able to get a half oil drum BBQ, sadly its too big/heavy to fit in my car.
Thanks given by:
springs Wrote:i would say 1 mass bbq unless you have special food requirements etc.. I would guess most that are going will eat the same food

Special food requirements! That's me! I need lots of it Big Grin
Tbh I'll probably do my own as I have shit loads of disposable ones at home at the moment
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
No it's me! I'll be having my own lol
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:No it's me! I'll be having my own lol

Pfft your not so special Tongue tbh I did think of you instantly. Was gunna say you can use one of my disposable ones if you want Smile
Thanks given by:
I am too!!

Aww thanks Matt, might take you up on that Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh by the way should we change the title? As Stonehenge isn't in sommerset?
Thanks given by:
I thought It was matt
Thanks given by:
Not sure. Tbh it's in between Salisbury and sommerset. Guess leave it as it is as it's right technically lol
Thanks given by:
Im up for some group action!

On the BBQ, sheez..... What were you thinking?!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yep I'm up for group BBQ

Oh and Kim you have pm in a minute
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Cant,make it Sad working 2 of them days and cant back out of it as im getting paid s fair amount for it. Sad but have fun! X
pink
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I thought It was matt

Well the address says it's on wiltshire lol. Wink Mass barbecue sounds like a plan.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Forgot to ask... how much is it for sleeping in the car? That still 15?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Forgot to ask... how much is it for sleeping in the car? That still 15?

Sleeping In mine? I'm putting a double bed in there and will be all alone.....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You never sleep alone ninja
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 6,988 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Camping Meet 2014 Dum-Dum 48 10,816 14-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Scott
  Shakespeare county raceway RWYB camping weekender 12th April Matt-Rallye 0 1,014 08-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye