Dragging air?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragging air?
Was just on my way to work and the my d turbo started having what i can only describe as little surges in acceleration, felt like kangaroo juice, only slightly but enough for me notice, i am wondering, as it was very low on fuel could it have been dragging air through the fuel? It did the same thing the other day but stalled, i then noticed air bubbles in the line between the fuel filter and pump, wondering if this is the cause?
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 07:18 AM)philpemberton94 Wrote: Was just on my way to work and the my d turbo started having what i can only describe as little surges in acceleration, felt like kangaroo juice, only slightly but enough for me notice, i am wondering, as it was very low on fuel could it have been dragging air through the fuel? It did the same thing the other day but stalled, i then noticed air bubbles in the line between the fuel filter and pump, wondering if this is the cause?

Not sure what you mean, if its dying off that could be caused by air in the fuel line,

Picking up revs/accelerating however is nothing to do with air, unless the air is carrying more fuel, might well be your turbo passing oil.
Thanks given by:
it was more like dying off, felt like taking my foot off the throttle then back on rapidly, also it stalled the other day which mist have been a fueling issue?
Thanks given by:
Simple then.

Put some fuel in, bleed the air and find/fix leaks. Smile
Thanks given by:
I thought it would be, but just wanted to check haha, it only does it when very low on fuel so could it be picking air up from the tank? Ive never seen bubbles at any other time!
Thanks given by:
Yup, this is the ideal "feature" of an IDI diesel engine, who needs fancy electronics, when that happens you know you really need to get some fuel.
Thanks given by:
yeah its running lean, cause its picking up air from the fuel line..

mine does it, i know i have 2 miles to get fuel if it does lol
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: