Lack of power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of power
Hey guys Smile just started driving so getting used to it all but the issue I have is it feels under powered. It's fine for normal road speeds but when I want to drive a little quicker i have to put my foot down just to bring the speed up and even then it's quite a gradual gain in speed. I've heard somewhere that if the Lambda sensor is going then this can cause the loss of power and excessive fuel consumption. Could this be the cause?
Thanks given by:
it could be, but other factors like the condition of oils / filters can make a difference too..

mind you it could be that it's just a normal 1.4 306... give it an italian tune on some national speed limits, might blow the cobwebs out...

just thought actually, try taking the slack out of the throttle cable (if any) it's just a horse-shoe clip on the cable adjuster at the throttle body, and it can make you feel like it's sluggish
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2014, 05:31 AM)John1.4 Wrote: it could be, but other factors like the condition of oils / filters can make a difference too..

mind you it could be that it's just a normal 1.4 306... give it an italian tune on some national speed limits, might blow the cobwebs out...

just thought actually, try taking the slack out of the throttle cable (if any) it's just a horse-shoe clip on the cable adjuster at the throttle body, and it can make you feel like it's sluggish

Thats a good shout about the cable! I'll have to give that a go
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2014, 05:31 AM)John1.4 Wrote: it could be, but other factors like the condition of oils / filters can make a difference too..

You sir have a rep, the throttle cable had about an inch of slack. It feels a lot more responsive now! Big Grin thanks man
Thanks given by:
Lol, the last 3 cars I've bought have all had a slack accelerator....I was wondering how people can not notice it..... lol
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2014, 09:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, the last 3 cars I've bought have all had a slack accelerator....I was wondering how people can not notice it..... lol

Yeah it was very slack! It's my first car so couldn't compare it to much I just thought full throttle and doing 40mph isn't right haha
Thanks given by:
Haha, at least you're more observant than most then! And take it easy with your new found power lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2014, 09:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Haha, at least you're more observant than most then! And take it easy with your new found power lol. Big Grin

Will do Smile the mighty 65bhp shifts pretty well Big Grin
Thanks given by:
lost a full 10 then? lol
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 05:56 AM)John1.4 Wrote: lost a full 10 then? lol

Oh is the 1.4 75bhp? Nice! A bit better than I thought Smile
Thanks given by:
75 when it was new, thats a long time ago though lol...
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 01:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 75 when it was new, thats a long time ago though lol...

Yeah probably like 50bhp now haha
Thanks given by: