First day on the road!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First day on the road!
Finally got my insurance today and it's an awesome feeling! Big Grin feel so free! Now I feel like I'm worthy of being on the forum haha Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Congratulations!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2014, 11:23 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Congratulations!

Thank you! Big Grin apart from the lack of power it feels great!
Thanks given by:
Give It a fews weeks until things start to break lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 12:00 AM)7057sam Wrote: Give It a fews weeks until things start to break lol

Yeah I'll have to do that Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Congratulations. I can (just about) remember that feeling of a newfound sense of freedom. Enjoy it!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
First thing I did when I got my insurance through was go and pick my mate up, after a phone conversation. He was riding his bike to college and decided "f*ck this shit, come and pick me up from town" lol

It's difficult fitting a mountain bike into a Nova btw.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Congrats!

Just remember though... the real learning starts now!
Thanks given by:
You are nowhere near as good as you think you are, be careful! 3 weeks after I passed I rolled my dads Bravo HGT because I thought I was Colin McRae...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 08:36 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: You are nowhere near as good as you think you are, be careful! 3 weeks after I passed I rolled my dads Bravo HGT because I thought I was Colin McRae...

I spun my AX out into the path of an oncoming 40ft artic lorry whilst eating a double cheeseburger driving with my knees in the snow. Luckily I had enough time to floor it away (1.0 echo so had bhp's thank god)

Be careful kids.
Thanks given by:
Ive been driving about 4 months now and ive had a few misses, but it does make you be more careful.
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 09:10 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(29-05-2014, 08:36 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: You are nowhere near as good as you think you are, be careful! 3 weeks after I passed I rolled my dads Bravo HGT because I thought I was Colin McRae...

I spun my AX out into the path of an oncoming 40ft artic lorry whilst eating a double cheeseburger driving with my knees in the snow. Luckily I had enough time to floor it away (1.0 echo so had bhp's thank god)

Be careful kids.

That is a f*cking hilarious mental image!

I just wish I'd have been more careful, my dad still won't lend me his car lol
Thanks given by:
I think I did about 300 miles the day I insured my first car haha.
Just got in and put as much fuel in I could afford and didn't go home until it ran out
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Dead?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
He wasn't dead then Wink
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys! haha those are some pretty funny stories lol I'm being as careful as I can so hopefully it all goes well Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Your not far from Cheddar Gorge, theres going to be a nice drifto meet on Saturday night if you fancy popping along. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 01:46 PM)silverzx Wrote: Your not far from Cheddar Gorge, theres going to be a nice drifto meet on Saturday night if you fancy popping along. Wink

I'm at VW Audi show on Saturday :/ I'll have to come along to it when another ones on Smile
Thanks given by:
You don't have to go straight out and drive like a bellend, despite most people on here apparently doing so! Confused

I never did back then. How times change! lol
Thanks given by:
No one is encouraging him to Tom, we're warning him with the benefit of experience. Most of us were far more reckless as teenagers.
Thanks given by:
See I just don't understand that at all. Experience just makes you take more risks I've found.... Would never even have thought about pushing hard round a wet corner when I passed my test. Now I want to know how far I can push the rainsports before ending up in a hedge! lol Which actually seems to be quite far, and further each time lol.

Same with overtakes, more experience means I make so many more near misses now than I ever did back then....would sit behind a cyclist for miles rather than risk overtaking when I'd just passed. lol

Maybe I'm just odd though.
Thanks given by:
Yeah my first weekend of driving I smashed into a mates corsa by pratting about.
Be careful, id avoid friends that are new drivers too thats when you start showing off and accidents happen.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm very safe Smile I didn't mean I want more power to go faster it's just my car seems to need half-3/4 throttle to keep up with traffic sometimes, I'm guessing it's lambda sensor if the power is down and fuel consumption is up?
Thanks given by:
Just echoing everyone else take it steady.

I had my first car 3 weeks before I overtook someone on a lane span out at 75 and hit a tree needless to say I learnt the hard way, it's not because young drivers have fast cars they can't handle they crash it's the fact they make bad decisions due to lack of experience,
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 02:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Maybe I'm just odd though.

You think? Nah....
Thanks given by:
Congrats mate, as has been said the real learning starts now and TBH the moment you stop learning is the moment you become a bad driver.

(29-05-2014, 07:38 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: First thing I did when I got my insurance through was go and pick my mate up, after a phone conversation. He was riding his bike to college and decided "f*ck this shit, come and pick me up from town" lol
Yeah I was about the same, first thing I did was double a speed limit then go and pick up my mate.

Yep, 3 days after my test I flattened a traffic island in my 0.8 Daewoo Matiz in the wet. Hadn't left enough braking distance for the speed I was doing and there was a transit van blocking the nearside and half the offside lane so I picked the island rather than hit the van.

(29-05-2014, 10:52 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: I think I did about 300 miles the day I insured my first car haha.
Just got in and put as much fuel in I could afford and didn't go home until it ran out
I was exactly the same although I think I managed about 150 miles. It was 2 days later on the weekend when all my mates chipped in petrol mone that I drove down to bournemouth cos we were bored. It was coming back from that I hit the island.

(29-05-2014, 02:00 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: No one is encouraging him to Tom, we're warning him with the benefit of experience. Most of us were far more reckless as teenagers.
Yeah definitely not encouraging. I think the moment I realised what a dick I had been was a little while after I went back to driving* and got my mondeo, the first "fast" car I'd had and was driving down a road and thought the 50mph I was doing was a bit much and then remembered that I'd previously done 80mph down there. I still can't believe how much of a lady garden I was.

*I gave up driving for the larger half of a year after writing off 2 cars in 2 months, the second accident could of easily killed me so stopped to give myself a chance to grow up.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the advice guys Smile I promise to keep this 306 on the road and not in a hedge haha lol
Thanks given by:
Just write this car off, might as well get it over and done with. On that note im going avoid southmead even more now lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
enjoy!
Thanks given by:
Congratulations... first day driving into school i handbrake turned into a parking space. Nailed it Tongue
Thanks given by: