What does this ecu do??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does this ecu do??
As title not really sure what this does. Its on a dturbo and if you remove the centre console there is a sectuon that can be pulled down to get access to this. [attachment=16478]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Its the immobiliser box I think. At least that's where the BSi is on the ph3s.
Thanks given by:
Well it started witout it connected? I thought that. Any other ideas?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Oh right, umm, maybe its been disabled/bypassed? Can't think what else it'd be for tbh. Does the central locking still work with it unplugged?
Thanks given by:
Ah I didnt try the central locking. I will venture in rhere again when I replace centre console and try
Thanks given by:
its the alarm ecu.
Thanks given by:
phase 1-2 transponder unit, separate to the alarm control unit and CL relays.

your coded solenoid has probably been bypassed/replaced with a standard unit.

phase 3 has integrated alarm transponder and CL unit, NOT a BSI.
Thanks given by:
is it not the airbag ecu?
Thanks given by:
Ah I see so probally central locking related and fob related. I dont have a fob. Just standard. Also I know my immobiliser works because I unplugged the exciter and it wouldnt start. (I was in the area)
Thanks given by:
what exciter?
Thanks given by:
The reciver then. The ring round the ignition barrel.
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2014, 05:33 PM)welshpug Wrote: phase 3 has integrated alarm transponder and CL unit, NOT a BSI.

Are they not body systems then? Confused

And what would you call it for short, that's a bit of a mouthful. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Peugeot call it alarm ecu iirc, bsi is a multiplex thing, 306 never was multiplex
Thanks given by:
I'm sure it still comes up as BSI on PP2K, built in systems interface 'Texton' iirc.

But fair enough. Everyone still knows what it is if referring to it as a BSI though lol.
Thanks given by:
It's the ACU alarm control unit. If your central locking don't work then it probably does nothing. I cut into the wires to fit my hawk central locking kit. Worked a treat Wink
Thanks given by:
My central locking works but I thought that was under the rear seat? Or is that just an phase 1s?
Thanks given by:
Not sure then, mine is a ph3
Thanks given by: