engine mod and remap advice. help me please.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
engine mod and remap advice. help me please.
Ok so heres the deal. I have a 99 Xsi and would like to fit a pipercross viper induction kit as well as a 3 inch exhaust to my car.. i want it remapped too.. now i understand that i may burn more fuel with these mods so would a remap after these are fitted help me get the best performance and fuel economy out of it? Please help me.. all advice on alternatives welcome.. i want it to reach arounf the 150bhp mark. Many thanks and kind regards. David
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2014, 10:01 PM)Dramsay1984 Wrote: Ok so heres the deal. I have a 99 Xsi and would like to fit a pipercross viper induction kit as well as a 3 inch exhaust to my car.. i want it remapped too.. now i understand that i may burn more fuel with these mods so would a remap after these are fitted help me get the best performance and fuel economy out of it? Please help me.. all advice on alternatives welcome.. i want it to reach arounf the 150bhp mark. Many thanks and kind regards. David

The best bang for your buck modification for performance would be to buy a GTI6 engine and stick it in, the XSI's engine isnt very tuneable, not compared to the GTI6 anyway.
You can pick up a GTI6 engine quite cheap now, cheaper than you would do all of the above mods for and you get 167bhp out the box minus/plus a few
Hope this helps
Thanks given by:
^^ What he said really..

The cost of a decent remap would be more than a GTi6 engine conversion.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xsi engine upgrades (need advice) Adam-m-h 30 8,532 05-10-2020, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Mighty306