Which intercoolers will work!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which intercoolers will work!
Hey there people i am struggling to find an inter-cooler for the d turbo.. I am looking to put on a FMIC next week.. i have seen the silicone hoses and s/s bends to fit them on ebay for £60ish, just cannot seem to find alot of info on what intercoolers from what cars would work etc? I am only looking to get the car at stage 1/2ish so not wanting a massive thing hanging out the front of my car haha... thanks for any help atall!!

Iv heard u can use the 150bhp golf GTTDI FMICs but i am not sure??
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
you can make most things work mate, just decide how big you wanna go and take it from there . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2014, 10:32 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you can make most things work mate, just decide how big you wanna go and take it from there . .Smile

thanks man for reply! I am looking for something of medium to small size... not like a massive 1 meter long thing hah. Any suggestions of a relatively easy one to find/install
Blush
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2014, 10:39 AM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote:
(24-05-2014, 10:32 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you can make most things work mate, just decide how big you wanna go and take it from there . .Smile

thanks man for reply! I am looking for something of medium to small size... not like a massive 1 meter long thing hah. Any suggestions of a relatively easy one to find/install
Blush

well the smaller you go the easier it'll be sort of lol . . .i believe there's an FMIC thread somewhere with pictures of people's setups if you have a search . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
i just got my new one off a rover 400 (it wont fit a 306), 5x3x11.5 inch core size muchos toasty cooling..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
thanks guys ill have look on here! could'nt find it eairler but i will have to look harder X)
Thanks given by:
1 like Danny has for sale is a good size and shouldn't be to bad to fit

Look in this thread http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-24212.html
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2014, 11:31 AM)Frosty Wrote: 1 like Danny has for sale is a good size and shouldn't be to bad to fit

Look in this thread http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-24212.html

cheers mate..
Thanks given by:
Pretty much every intercooler ever will work. Anything from tiny ford ones and the jag x type diesel ones all the way up to the monster daf LF/XF/CF
Thanks given by:
Im using a focus tdci one
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I used a Megane DCi intercooler. Good size and thickness.
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2014, 09:45 AM)anto Wrote: Good size and thickness.

That's what she said haha
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
THANKS alot for all the help and replys! Think i have a good idea of what i need now! Thanks alot guys and girls!! Blush
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2014, 10:57 AM)toseland Wrote:
(25-05-2014, 09:45 AM)anto Wrote: Good size and thickness.

That's what she said haha

Im glad she thought so lol
Thanks given by: