new beam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new beam.
right. it sounds like my rear beam is shaged on my ph3 1.6. how easy is it to replace? and i was thinking about putting a 6 beam on whilst im doing it. how hadr is it to trasnsform it from drum to disk. and will the thicker torsion bar give me better handleing? what price should i be paying for a second hand beam? thanks all.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Easy to swap. If your swapping to disc you will need new handbrake cables. Tbh I wouldnt pay more than £80 for a decent '6 beam. Changing is easy too. Drop the old one off, something like 4 bolts either side. Then new one one, do the cables and bleed brakes Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Mint. Sounds easy enough that. Cheers matt.
Thanks given by:
Check out the below. Dunno if they do them on an exchange basis, but speak to em. Might be worth going the full hog with a gti beam if youre doing it anyway...

http://www.imaxle.co.uk/catalog/refurbis...r-axle-306
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
personally i would just grab one from the scrappy, easy, cheap, job done
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Apart from you dont know what you are getting. Buying a refurbed one is a sure way of knowing that your new beam is good.

Also dont forget to remove the backbox before you drop the beam...
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
also lobbs video on the tubes of you - rear beam change..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:personally i would just grab one from sams house, easy, cheap, job done

corrected for truth! lol
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
declantg Wrote:personally i would just grab one from sams house, easy, cheap, job done

corrected for truth! lol

He's right you no!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Right, ivebeen told it might be the Barings. Could this be a possibillity.
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:Right, ivebeen told it might be the Barings. Could this be a possibillity.

Yes it will be the bearings, thats what goes on them normally but they are £80 a set and a bitch to change plus if its been like that for a while the stub's will be fecked too............

in short, be easier if you can get a know good, used one or if you can stretch to it better still with a re-con beam, but they aren't really cheap!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:Right, ivebeen told it might be the Barings. Could this be a possibillity.

again, the effort of changing bearings, you could remove and replace the beam...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:

again, the effort of changing bearings, you could remove and replace the beam...
And get a 6 beam on there and maybe some thicker tortion bars
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But... who's to say the replacement beam doesn't have 1,000miles left in it? Might be fine when you buy it, but go again soon /justsaying
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by: