Hi, new 306 owner here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, new 306 owner here!
Evenin' all, bought my first 306 a couple of days ago, it's a 2000, 1.8 xs, 62k on the clock, full service history, and in amazing condition! No major plans as to modding it in any way really, just want to upgrade some bits really, so any ideas which bits are best to change let me know! Thinking of a new back box, just want something with a nice note to it, nothing loud, would a gti6 box fit? And has it got a nice sound to it? Or would I barely notice a difference in the sound? Also what about a k&n panel filter? Or should I just get a standard one? It came fitted with 5 virtually brand new p6000's which I like, although I know they have mixed reviews, they seem quite sticky so far, but have heard not so good in the wet. I've owned a few 205 gti's, couple of 309's, a 307 and the missus had a 207, pugs hold a special place in my heart, so had to get a 306! Was lucky enough to find this one an hour down the road! Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing ideas. Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome

You can use cone or enclosed filters on them providing you have the rigth silcone reducer
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2014, 12:58 PM)7057sam Wrote: Hello and welcome

You can use cone or enclosed filters on them providing you have the rigth silcone reducer
Thanks for the welcome, what would be a silicone reducer?
Thanks given by:
Welcome, me too! I joined today Big Grin wooo. Had mine just over a year now. I love it tbf.
I wouldn't do anything to yours it's got a lovely stance to it Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2014, 02:39 AM)desire4extacy Wrote: Welcome, me too! I joined today Big Grin wooo. Had mine just over a year now. I love it tbf.
I wouldn't do anything to yours it's got a lovely stance to it Smile

Welcome to you too! Thanks, won't be tinkering with the looks of it I don't think, I like cars to look how they are meant to.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the club! I have a 1.8 so maybe you can check out my thread for some ideas...

I would say best mods are....

Decat and straight through centre section... (Gti6 manifold if you fancy the job)
gti6 gearbox (need the gti6 sump, reversecable, gearstick, clutch and flywheel too),
gti6 inlet manifold with a cone filter.

The above saw mine at 120ish hp.

Ive now fitted throttlebodies and an aftermarket ecu (as the standard one cant be mapped) and am just shy of 130hp.

The 1.8 is actually a really good engine and it looks like youve got a very tidy example. Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2014, 11:18 AM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum Hello
Thank you!!! pleasure to be here! Smile

(20-05-2014, 01:01 PM)SRowell Wrote: Hello and welcome to the club! I have a 1.8 so maybe you can check out my thread for some ideas...

Decat and straight through centre section... (Gti6 manifold if you fancy the job)
gti6 gearbox (need the gti6 sump, reversecable, gearstick, clutch and flywheel too),

Ive now fitted throttlebodies and an aftermarket ecu (as the standard one cant be mapped) and am just shy of 130hp.

The 1.8 is actually a really good engine and it looks like youve got a very tidy example. Smile
Thanks for all the info! Will defo check out your thread. Would love to do all of the above, will start the project running at some point. Need to pay off my new kitchen first!
I actually couldn't believe how tidy it was when I saw it, really pleased with it so far Smile

(20-05-2014, 01:01 PM)SRowell Wrote: Hello and welcome to the club! I have a 1.8 so maybe you can check out my thread for some ideas...

Also see you are only down the road in Ipswich!
Thanks given by:

I noticed you have a gti6 back box on your 1.8, has it got a better sound to it compared to the original 1.8 box?
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate car looks great its nice to see people keeping cars in standard/stock format, something I am very keen on with my 6. Although gentle performance mods are always a must. Iv found the 6 rear box to be no different from xs/xsi in any shape or form apart from some have the chrome tip on the end some don't. The one without the chrome tip sounds much better. Unsure why but it does, I can confirm that mate.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Smile A very clean example.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
What a lovely example! Where abouts in Essex are you?
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome, nice car. I am also in the 'keep fairly standard camp'.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2014, 08:04 PM)woody Wrote: Welcome mate car looks great its nice to see people keeping cars in standard/stock format, something I am very keen on with my 6. Although gentle performance mods are always a must. Iv found the 6 rear box to be no different from xs/xsi in any shape or form apart from some have the chrome tip on the end some don't. The one without the chrome tip sounds much better. Unsure why but it does, I can confirm that mate.

Hi mate, thank you, I love it, by no means the fastest car I have ever owned but still a joy to drive, I was surprised at how well it handles. The box on it is chrome tipped, so until I need a new one I shall stick with it, but would like one that has a nice note to it eventually. Thanks for the info!

(28-05-2014, 08:04 PM)Grant Wrote: Welcome along mate Smile A very clean example.

Cheers mate! yeah I couldn't believe how tidy it was when I saw it, and only 62k on the clock with fsh. It's a joy to drive!

(29-05-2014, 09:29 AM)LewisG Wrote: What a lovely example! Where abouts in Essex are you?

Thanks! I'm on the outskirts of Clacton, I see you are in Colchester! I lived in Colchester until recently.

(31-05-2014, 08:00 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Welcome, nice car. I am also in the 'keep fairly standard camp'.

Cheers! Yes, standard is better, my dad had a mint 1.9 205 gti a few years ago and over did it with the mods, ruined it I thought.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,140 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b