What your Most embarrassing break down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What your Most embarrassing break down?
Not sure if there is a thread for this.
Right I'm a very very bored so what the most embarrassing break down you have ever had?

Mine was in convoy with everyone traveling Exmouth and then snagging my fuel line on some raised sand In the middle of the road then being towed by mr fish with his paddle clutch was not the best but thanks for the tow Smile

Also don't like to admit this but I broke down in a Volkswagen garage bad times lol.Smile
Thanks given by:
On the M5...in the rain

....sean spotted me.

Pics of unhappy wife followed
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair play
Thanks given by:
I broke down up north in Cumbria once. Rang the RAC, decided to get busy with the missus in the back seat whilst we waited. No prizes for guessing who caught us at it.....

All of course is untrue, I don't break down Rofl
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
[Image: 16CEC870-92AB-4C66-836E-E3C490F96756-865...d2f5bc.jpg]

Enough said.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Only broken down once, but it was pretty spectacular. Pulling onto a big, 3-4 lane roundabout in Plymouth, just as I pull away from the lights I hear a thud, the sound of something dragging, and my car gets very, very loud. Cue the car behind flashing its lights a lot, me pulling in on the sliproad I was going to take home and discovering my exhaust snapped at the cat. Apparently there were some good sparks and even more noise from where they were sat Tongue

Had to get my dad to add me to his recovery policy, as I didn't have any breakdown cover, having only past my test a few weeks prior to this!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2014, 11:00 PM)Matt Wrote: [Image: 16CEC870-92AB-4C66-836E-E3C490F96756-865...d2f5bc.jpg]

Enough said.

Gutted at leased everyone stuck with you well just to laugh I guess Smile
Thanks given by:
Never actually broken down.

I did however, run out of fuel at 2 in the morning after rescuing my mate years ago. Typical Peugeot, the fuel gauge was... Indecisive. It read 1/4 of a tank, which is where I normally filled up, to be safe. I figured it'd be okay, didn't realise it was that low. Was coming up Bury Hill and it cuts out, didn't quite manage to get to the top by coasting, so had to jump out and push it to keep momentum. Cue me and Si running down the road once we got over the crest after a freewheeling 306 and having to jump in as it got faster and faster going back down. Fun night that one, had to wait for the RAC who said they would be 45 mins. We got home at 5:45...
Thanks given by:
lmao
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Forgot to tighten bottom pulley.
Chasing a tvr at speeds well over the speed limit and spun a big end shell
Thanks given by:
More of a fail than a break down..... i had left my lights on all day and my battery had gone flat, and due to my dturbo being de-locked with a sigma immobiliser i couldn't get in. When i pressed the key fob my alarm went off and wouldn't Stop. I was in the middle of the college car park while everyone else was getting in there cars to go home, had to wait 30mins with the alarm going off while someone helped me get in to jump it.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20131011-WA0014_zpsa19b91c3.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20131011-WA0015_zps6d8af299.jpg]

I'll just leave these here...

Note the oil slick behind my car. Needles to say, it was the Mrs who was driving
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I popped my bottom rad hose on Wednesday three miles from the crematorium for my mates funeral in convoy with at least a hundred cars. I trooped on and got there but she were warm when she got there... the turning for the crem is where the front car is. That's my mates cali in front of me. There's also a fair few [Image: u9e3asah.jpg]cars behind. He crashed the day he got his Paul walker tattoo too...
Thanks given by:
I was racing a vtr and leaving him till my clutch bearing collapsed
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
2 hours after picking my rover 214 cab up I was out with my mates, decided 2 swing round in a car park, saw my ex and decided to put my foot down on the way out, spun up on the gravel but as soon as I touched the tarmac I broke a drive shaft D: haha
Thanks given by:
My first 205 with some mates in the car when I was 18. Said wanna see a real burnout. Smoke flying everywhere going so well went into second to keep her going and bang! Gearbox diff blew up and we had to.push her 2 miles home up hill at 3 in the morning on.mates birthday because I didnt have breakdown cover
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Came off a roundabout and a shitty Ford KA decided to undertake me on the roundabout, which I didn't like very much, so I decided to bury my foot into the shag pile coming off said roundabout, roasted the tyres in 2nd and 3rd which was promptly met by a massive bang as the turbocharger finally gave up and deposited the compressor into the intake.

Cue Ford KA carrying on past me sniggering as I had the biggest cloud of oil smoke out the back and had to use pure gravity to get me off the road into a layby. Lolz.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 06:43 AM)willJspears Wrote: More of a fail than a break down..... i had left my lights on all day and my battery had gone flat, and due to my dturbo being de-locked with a sigma immobiliser i couldn't get in. When i pressed the key fob my alarm went off and wouldn't Stop. I was in the middle of the college car park while everyone else was getting in there cars to go home, had to wait 30mins with the alarm going off while someone helped me get in to jump it.

I thought you would of said the one that happened on the round about
Thanks given by:
Erm, I've had loads. Trying to pick a most embarrassing is going to be hard.
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 10:05 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Erm, I've had loads. Trying to pick a most embarrassing is going to be hard.

That many ahaha
Thanks given by:
I broke down 3 times last years FCS weekend alone!
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 11:18 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I broke down 3 times last years FCS weekend alone!

How. Ive only ever broke down due to stupidity when I was a teenager
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Most embarrassing for me was leaving rad cap off my old 1.6 phase 3 and wondering why I was over heating. Also destroyed clutch on my golf mk4 tdi from a ferocious down shift. Shattered :L. Also my old hdi had gear linkages damaged from handbrake turning in a gravel empty private car park and gravel managed to pelt the links (moronic I know but I shouldn't have let my mate drive) linkages continuously came out and never replaced :L
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Drove my focus back home on the a14 at mid day on a friday was overtaking 2 lorries and it ran out of fuel lol

Completely stop on the outside lane the wheels got caught in the gravel aswell,traffic cop did nt look to happy

I actually had no insurance on it either so god know what would of happened if i had of had a crash.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2014, 11:31 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote:
(17-05-2014, 11:18 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I broke down 3 times last years FCS weekend alone!

How. I've only ever broke down due to stupidity when I was a teenager

Largely my own stupidity.
Friday - In the convoy, had to coal a prius, pinned it and forgot about my dodgy lift pump, engine promptly cut out and I had to coast across 3 lanes of motorway to the hard shoulder to get it restarted.
Saturday - Driving back from the show to the camp site in the pissing rain, don't remember what happened but I remember having the bonnet up in a lay by and getting soaked.
Sunday - Hit a pot hole on the way to the show, bent my wheel really badly. Utter f*cking joy as my spare was only a 15" so wouldnt go over the brakes so I had to put the spare on the back and the back on the front.
Thanks given by:
Coal a prius. That break down is allowed. Smile
Thanks given by:
Not really a break down, but racing a ford Ka for the lols, and winning (that doesn't happen very often in a NAD)

connector for the pump timing advance came off cos I broke the clip, default went full retard. misfire and no power, clouds of white smoke everywhere.

However, same guy still tries to race me, and I win every time. He's proper mad Angry too Tongue

The only other breakdown I had in the NAD, was then It threw a rod on the way to an interview in Wishaw, stopped, had interview. started the car on 3 cylinders, got all the way back to Auchterarder before the dangling bit of rod moved in front of the crank and seized the engine instantly. Bent the crankshaft, total write off :ROFL:
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
back in 2007 i was helping a friend get an engine change done in wrexham , and then driving it home to epsom, got it running, was awesome Smile , petrol lines plumbed in backwards :/ , kept cutting out, but soldiered on until the M6........ and roadworks, and no hard shoulder, and 2 lanes, and rush hour, we waited for an hour for recovery (front end buried in the cones) with blaring horns / shouted abuse and torrential rain... LOL
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Filled up the rallye at Texaco, went to start and the idle control valve broke, que 4k rpm idle and an incredibly jerky pull away off the forecourt.

Kinda hard to be subtle about it with a straight through supersprint exhaust in a bright red 106 :-P
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cant remember what i had done but had done something to the car. Took it for a test drive and thought i would go and fill up with petrol as i was low. Pulled out of the petrol station and a Fiesta ST tried having a go with me so i gunned it. Top of 2nd gear and went to change to 3rd and it was like stirring soup. Lost a gear linkage. Thankfully i was approaching a roundabout off of the dual carriageway so dipped the clutch and rolled to the roundabout looking like i had just given up destroying him. Thankfully i didn't have to stop so rolled around the corner out of sight and stopped to pop it back on lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Break, Fix, or Engine Swap? Dodgy Bob 10 2,254 26-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Embarrassing Stories bigcheez2k3 35 12,683 12-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  well this is embarrassing ozonehostile 10 2,904 31-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo