Mapping/ecu flash tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping/ecu flash tool
Hey guys just a quick question. Those of you that do your own remap/flashing ecu with new software. What software you using? I have pp2000 working on my windows xp on my MacBook Pro but looking around google etc couldn't get a download link or the name of a decent flashing software. Common functions such as read/backup/write to ecu. If anyone has the name and stable version they use and even a download link id much appreciate it Smile

Also I have heard that flashing the ecu isn't possible with the pp2000/lexia 3 cable (forgot the real name but it's the actia made official one) is this true?
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
To flash you need to use the program designed for the specific tool, aka.. KWP2000+ will only work with the KWP2000+ program.

You can't use the PP2000 tool to flash maps.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had a feeling that would be the case. To eBay it is then!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Use MPPS, never fails. I've used it/had customers use it for maps I've written hundreds of times.

Also comes with a recovery option incase the worst happens.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2014, 04:08 PM)jammapic Wrote: Use MPPS, never fails. I've used it/had customers use it for maps I've written hundreds of times.

Also comes with a recovery option incase the worst happens.

JP

Mpps along with kwp2000+ cable?

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
MPPS cable and software

I've got one of the cheap eBay clones and it has worked perfectly for me - works fine on Win7 64bit too.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Where do you get the proper MPPS from then? I presume I have a copy aswell
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Either kwp or mpps I'll get then. I'm in no rush anywho Smile

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
A genuine MPPS is over £1000+ as is a genuine KWP2000, so the clones have about as much chance working as any other clone
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go as far as saying an MPPS will "never" fail - NO clone I'd go as far as trusting - end of the day, if you buy a clone, expect to have your ECU bricked, they are made from parts that cost *PENNIES* using crap quality, cheap aluminium cable, most I've seen aren't even copper...

Far as I can see - if it doesn't nail your ECU then hooray!!

Worst case is you need to send it away to be fixed and the prom be flashed in programmer - it'll still be less than buying the genuine item... For people who's livelihood is flashing ECUs, then they will happily spend the money on a genuine tool - if I was going to flash paying punters cars for my bread and butter, there's no way I'd be using a £4.99 KWP clone off ebay. But for us individuals flashing our own <£2k cars - what's the point, take the usual precautions, don't be stupid, expect it to break, if it doesn't, head to the pub.

In my experience of flashing similar EEPROM (29fxxx series) in a Willem programmer, I've had probably a 90% hit rate... And that's on the bench using a proper Programmer, not sat outside in a car with a dodgy USB connection through a dusty OBDII port, on battery... Lol!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I also remap and have been doing it as a hobby for over 12 years now, all of my tooling is clone,
i have
Piassini,
Magpro v2,
kwp 2000,
MPPS,
Galletto,
BDM 100,
Top 2048 external programmer,
Willem 4.5,
Willem 5,
A Can bus interface for MBE standalone (original),
INIT interface,
and also diagnostic stuff too like vagcom, opcom ect ect

There is nothing wrong with using clone tools in my opinion and also by the nature of what we do things will and do go wrong, BUT its how you deal with problems and what facilities you have available to get round them.
as Ruan has said expect the worse, and know what to do if something does go wrong.
Happy Flashing!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,524 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Tool Kit for boot bigcheez2k3 28 6,288 08-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  Mapping :( so confused Chris306 3 1,172 03-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Chris306