306 dturbo valve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 dturbo valve
Anyone heard of putting a valve off a pipe from turbo that when u open valve it makes tirbo work harder and boost more ?
Thanks given by:
manual boost controller your thinking of mate.

Delays the signal to the wastegate until a certain turbo pressure is met, using a ball and spring. Adjustable via an allen key screw hence manual. Have an eBay for them.
Thanks given by:
Will it make much difference than it being screwed ? My turbo is a k003
Thanks given by:
it just gives you easier access/easier adjustability. Eont gice you much different performance from adjusting the wastegate, except your car may come on boost a little quicker.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2014, 12:18 AM)mcglynn Wrote: it just gives you easier access/easier adjustability. Eont gice you much different performance from adjusting the wastegate, except your car may come on boost a little quicker.

Well if you're running more fuel - you will want more air to burn with it, otherwise you'll just chuck all the extra fuel out the exhaust in the form of black smoke.

Using a manual boost controller, you can increase the maximum amount of boost the turbo will make before opening the wastegate.

You will want to balance the two of these to increase power and retain economy.

A boost gauge is 100% needed to adjust the wastegate.

25psi is relatively safe on standard turbos, then increase the fuelling to match - ie turn it up until you have a very slight haze on full boost, back the fuelling off if you're smoking everywhere.

expect to make around 120bhp with these two adjustments in balance.
Thanks given by:
My boost compasator on the lucas pump is nearly right out same as the actual fuel pump what one should i put back ?
Thanks given by: