WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate
Looks good buddy! Definitely needs a p3 bumper! Ive got a spare diablo one you can have for cheap if you want?
Thanks given by:
I would mate, but i really have other more important things to get fixed first. Nospeak

As a matter of curiosity, what would happen if I just leave the MAF unplugged for the time being?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It will revert to using preset values, it will.be fine until you get a working one
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by: WiNgNuTz
Sweet, i'll just leave it as is for now then. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You're using tapered bolts with flat seat wheels? Stop it. Now. At the very least don't put your bloody kids in the car. Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mate, I didn't really have much of a choice. The tyres on the other wheels were beyond illegal, and the kids haven't been in the car since. New studs and nuts should be here either today or tomorrow, so it's not like the tapered bolts are gonna get used for much longer anyway. Thanks for your concern though dude. Wink Cannot wait to get them changed tbh, ive despised every mile I've done with the tapered bolts since putting the Ariannes on! Nospeak
Thanks given by:
If you havent got flat bolts by ace then I can probably get a set off one of my cars for you...
Thanks given by:
I will have them, they'll be here today or tomorrow, and they'll be fitted by the weekend. Pretty sure I said that earlier. [emoji14] lol

Thanks for the offer though mate. Smile
Thanks given by:
My bad, for some reason i was under the impression that you didn't consider it an urgent problem, probably because you put them on the car in the first place lol. Nah, after the number of wide boys that come into work and can't understand why their wheels have come loose/snapped bolts within a few days of fitting... Nospeak

That was actually genuine concern i'll have you know! Granted it doesn't quite come across the same way it does with normal people, but i never could get the hang of being nice. Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha, no worries mate, I got what you meant. Wink

Like I say, when I changed the wheels over, I found one of the tyres on the 17s was through to the lower layer of rubber on the inside edge, so it was a case of put the Ariannes on with the wrong bolts, or put the 17s back on with dodgy tyres. Worst thing is, there's still plenty of tread left on the other 3/4 of the tyre, so got some tracking related issues going on too. Always something... Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Looking better. Nice to see these alloys in use again.
Thanks given by:
So this is happening at the weekend, no matter what the weather is like! Big Grin

[attachment=21521]
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate. They will look nuts...
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 10:22 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Nice one mate. They will look nuts...
[Image: 09398f01a4d4de03ffe34e5fb5880eed.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So I got my stud's and nuts fitted today, and changed the droplinks that were royally fecked (passenger side has been knocking for a couple of weeks now). You can sleep easy now Poodle. Wink
Thanks given by:
Got a link to those studs mate
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...74&alt=web Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 10:22 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Nice one mate. They will look nuts...

*NuTz

Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 03:50 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: So I got my stud's and nuts fitted today, and changed the droplinks that were royally fecked (passenger side has been knocking for a couple of weeks now). You can sleep easy now Poodle. Wink

Thanks man, i've been worrying myself sick for the last week.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So after picking up a replacement MAF sensor and HID kit at Ace last night (Thanks Rowell! Big Grin ), and an unexpected half day at work, I got said parts fitted today! MAF sensor is working nicely, which is good, and the HID's are also in tip top condition and working! 

[attachment=21701]

(Not the best pic in the world, but my "proper" camera is out of action at the moment, so had to resort to the phone camera)

Took the scenic route home through the country lanes, and can honestly say they're fantastic! Just need to lay my hands on a second set so I can do the high beam bulbs as well. Wink
Thanks given by:
Good to see everything works! Big Grin
Thanks given by: WiNgNuTz
Yeah, I did have a moment earlier when I thought one of the bulbs had given up already (after finding they both worked during fitting), but it turned out I'd unplugged one, and not plugged it back in again! Doh

Nice one for those bits though, HID's are much nicer than nightbreakers IMO. /canofworms
Thanks given by:
Looks great Smile

much more to fix ??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Plenty. Got the MOT to get through in a few days......that should be an experience. Undecided
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 10:47 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Plenty. Got the MOT to get through in a few days......that should be an experience. Undecided

You might well have to remove those HID's again then :p

http://www.vx-enthusiast.com/showthread....-guess-why
Thanks given by:
Hmm...maybe, but at least it's not a hard job! Simple 5 minute swap back to halgoen bulbs, then change back after the test if necessary. Friendly with the tester though, so may or may not be a problem. Wink
Thanks given by:
Well, as you've probably all seen by now, the car passed it's mot with flying colours! And just one advisory! Who'd have thunk it? Rofl

Still having a couple of niggley problems though...washer jets have packed in, not sure if blocked pipework, or failing motor? Any ideas? And the other is that the rear window element has had it (one of the contacts has come away from the window), which in turn has stopped the heated mirrors from operating, and the button in the centre console doesn't even light up.

Any suggestions on either of those issues would be appreciated. Big Grin

Might start calling this "Project Not-such-a-heap-after-all". lol
Thanks given by:
How did it pass the MOT if the washers have packed in?!
Thanks given by:
1. Does it buzz? If so go to step 2. If it doesn't buzz check the fuse. And live to the pump. Pump or fuse 2. Pull the pipe off the washer under the bonnet. Does it spray from there. If so blocked jets. If not its still the pump.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2015, 11:50 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: How did it pass the MOT if the washers have packed in?!
No Idea mate, not complaining though! Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT WiNgNuTz 482 245,651 08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Londondan's Smoothed Stage 2 HDi Estate 152bhp RR Vid inside! londondan86 50 29,101 23-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RJDubya