Question for the electrically minded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the electrically minded
So this doesnt directly relate to the 306 as such, but I do use it in the 306.

I've got a old TomTom One N14644, battery is goosed and I really am a cheapskate, it still does the job so why bother getting a new one if this could be fixed for under a tenner. I've watched some youtube videos and got it stripped down and the battery out.

So the question is what does the 920mAH mean and does it matter?

I've only found one battery that matches all numbers directly on ebay but it looks dodgy and from china, but I've a fair few similar batteries with the right connection that look better quality and in uk but have higher mAh numbers.
So if i get one of them and put it all back together am I gona blow the device, melt the battery, or blow it once I put it on charge?

Battery that came out says:

Type: VF2
Cell: MAXELL 553443
Capacity: 920mAh
P/N: AHL03710503

Thanks in advance for any help.
Thanks given by:
mAh is just the capacity of the battery

as long as the voltage is the same should be good to go
Thanks given by:
So the higher the number the longer the battery lasts when charged? The battery itself doesnt state a voltage but most I'm finding are 3.7v
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2014, 07:54 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: So the higher the number the longer the battery lasts when charged? The battery itself doesnt state a voltage but most I'm finding are 3.7v

yeah thats the theory

rest of the device should have some sort of voltage reg circuit to handle input voltage and a charging circuit of some description
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2014, 07:54 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: So the higher the number the longer the battery lasts when charged? The battery itself doesnt state a voltage but most I'm finding are 3.7v

In theory yes but considering it's a cheap shitty battery, in reality it will probably last the same as standard if not ever so slightly worse.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
These days battery maintenance is not really a thing, once it's gone, it's kinda gone. New one is only 50 from unipart Smile
Thanks given by: