I have a warning light..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a warning light..
..And I need clarification as to what it could mean.

It's the light usually for the handbrake, just on constantly. I know it's not the handbrake switch because it gets brighter when I put it on. To me that light means low brake fluid but there's plenty in there as it's just been bled. I currently have the ABS light on aswell which is probably due to a knackered rear sensor on this beam i've just fitted, but that's been on a few days, the red warning light has just come on.

Could it be the fluid sensor?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
If you have the red one with the ! Mark in its handbrake light or low brake fluid. Only two things its conected to. Because you have just bled the brakes the little float inside the resivour is probably stuck. Lift up the cap and poke it with a clean screwdriver. Should let it rise up again Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If it was that causing the problem it would surely have come on straight away, not three days later?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sorry didnt realise was three days later. Shouldnt have skim read. Chexk fluid again maybe there is a leak somewhere
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah fluid hasn't moved, brakes feel completely fine.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Handbrake switch broken possibly? Shorting across the pins?
Thanks given by:
Is this light also connected to the brake pad level sensor?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2014, 05:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Handbrake switch broken possibly? Shorting across the pins?

The light gets brighter when the handbrake is applied so I guess that's not the cause.

And I don't have pad wear sensors on this
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,739 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Engine warning light Jay66 5 1,538 29-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Brake bad warning light j-n-88 6 1,934 21-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: j-n-88