306 2.0 TURBO 8v exhaust manifold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 TURBO 8v exhaust manifold
(21-06-2014, 03:23 PM)renault9turbo Wrote: I binned all the AC off my engine as my 1.8 was non ac. when i have some more pennies i am going to get the gti6 non ac set up for it as it will fit.

I have auto data so i can compare ecu pin locations etc, but what i really need is a wiring diagram for the 1.8 that shows where the engine bay loom runs under the front cross-member up the wing and into the car, so that i can bastardize it to fit, then there is the coding issues as i have a late ecu that is not unlocked. But these things are sent to test lol
Most Tu set up will fit without a/c. I robbed a 1.8 406 of the relevant pulleys and brackets. If you look about on ebay plenty of bits to make the kits up which are cheaper then buying an actual rallye specific kit.
I had my ecu unlocked as the 406 had 2 keypad unlocked ones that I relocked so a guy near me unlocked those 2 plus the 1 that came with the transponder key.
Yes that's a struggle without the diagram. My mate stripped diesel loom off engine and labelled them up. Cut off unnecessary ones then joined them to the 406 loom after putting test light to the relevant pin after looking on autodata to match up. Took some time but did work.
I'm assuming if yours was a 1.8 8v rather then a 16v it would be a lot easier to connect up.....
[/quote]

Mine was a 16v, it seems quite similar but as your mate did i am going to have to strip the looms and make one out of two. I also have a gti 6 loom but i don't think it will be any good, On the ac set up i tried the brackets of my xu7 engine but it would not fit which was a right pain as now i need to get a gti 6 high pressure power steering line too.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Mine was a 16v, it seems quite similar but as your mate did i am going to have to strip the looms and make one out of two. I also have a gti 6 loom but i don't think it will be any good, On the ac set up i tried the brackets of my xu7 engine but it would not fit which was a right pain as now i need to get a gti 6 high pressure power steering line too.
[/quote]
Yes gti loom no use. I think we bent the pipe slightly to get it in the top of the pump but possibly mine being hdi its shaped differently to a petrol one????
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 0 910 02-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: connorp
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 1 1,306 01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Exhaust manifold fitted but...... jay5488 0 806 30-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Last Post: jay5488