Cambelt change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambelt change
Soon i will change my cambelt, i was looking to buy Contitech parts, does anyone knows the part number for my car, it's ph2 dturbo from 99.

Any tips to change it?

Regards,
Thanks given by:
Use a long flat headed screwdriver to hold the cup and spring up so you can remove and refit the tensioner, i wedged it with a few bits of wood on the floor aswell. Make sure all the bolts thread in and out the pullies by hand. Turn it over by hand a few times first to check the belts running true and that the timing pins all still line up. And remember to remove your flywheel locking tool before turning it over!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cambelt kit probably wants to come with a new tensioner really, at that age the original is probably well worn.
Make sure you get all three locking pins in and the rest of the jobs pretty easy - I did my last one in under 90 minutes.

Like Tom says, spin the engine over a couple of times and check the belt is still aligned, it's easy to get the fuel pump a tooth out.
Thanks given by:
I'm in doubt with the kit! Contitech or Gates?
Thanks given by:
Either would be fine, i use gates personally, and would recommend you get an OEM water pump pump from peugeot, pattern parts are shit.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cambelt change guide Matt 8 1,686 17-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Matt
  Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..? laurence_13 18 4,646 11-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Cambelt Change (timing hole alignment) Mark 30 14,116 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ADV_93