adjustable top mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adjustable top mounts
firstly, i appreciate that there are a lot of threads on this but none of them seem to answer my question..

So im looking to buy the compbrake adjustable top mounts, from reading other threads i am going to need an additional top hat (conical washer). any ideas where i can get these from?

Can you not buy top mounts that will come as part of a kit that will bolt straight on?

Anybody on here running adjustable that hasn't meant you chopping and welding your turrets?

Any help much appreciated.

A very stressed man.
Thanks given by:
Update on this for any other members that are intrested.

The compbrake top mounts are sold as "bolt straight on", this is a little bit of a lie.

You do infact need a "tophat washer" which can also be purchased from compbrake.

the guy there assures me they will fit with this "washer"

i will await delivery and give it a go.. im not holding out much hope mind.
Thanks given by:
Baker bm do a set, good reports so far from theirs, you do have to enlarge the hole slightly but thats only if your going for more than 1* camber. They also dont add any caster. You will still need a top hat washer but im sure they will be able to help with that.

Have a quick google of combrake 306 top mounts. Some interesting reading from threads on here.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yes i have read alot of threads on the compbrake ones, they seem good when you can get them to fit properly, hoping mine will fit when there delivered
Thanks given by:
If you get onto 306 Gti forum Russian Guy has or had some for sale, good thing with those is they use a good quality bearing and a suitable size Rose Joint which exceeds the comp one
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
As miles says, that's what I just purchased. Uprated as well as custom made.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that.. your just 10 hours too late.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2014, 08:59 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Baker bm do a set, good reports so far from theirs, you do have to enlarge the hole slightly but thats only if your going for more than 1* camber. They also dont add any caster. You will still need a top hat washer but im sure they will be able to help with that.

Have a quick google of combrake 306 top mounts. Some interesting reading from threads on here.

They have a fixed castor. It is more than standard, but just not adjustable.

Great bits of kit the BM ones. Can't reccomend them enough.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2014, 08:59 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Baker bm do a set, good reports so far from theirs, you do have to enlarge the hole slightly but thats only if your going for more than 1* camber. They also dont add any caster. You will still need a top hat washer but im sure they will be able to help with that.

I've got Koni shocks that have been converted to coilovers, and I'm looking at adjustable top mounts. Does the top hat washer needed depend on which suspension you're fitting?
Thanks given by:
No you need a conical top hat regardless

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I figured that. Are there different types of them available? Or is it one size fits all? If not, what influences which one I need to have?
Thanks given by:
spring diameter is all the dictates it really.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to install an spoox adjustable top mounts philip r 3 1,539 29-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  compbrake adjustable top mounts philip r 5 1,509 25-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark