Five long, ardous years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five long, ardous years
Guess what it has been five years since? Yup, you guessed it, the purchase of my beloved 306 XTdt, my first and only car and the third car I have ever driven Inlove

Here's the proof:
[Image: P1010003_zps186a7d2d.jpg]
Sorry about the lack of focus on the photo.

So I have been part of the 306 community for roughly the same amount of time (I first registered my username on theywhoshallnotbenamed in April 2009 to ask questions about the 1.4 I so nearly bought).

And after half a decade of owning my 306 I have spent thousands over the years modding and learning mechanics on it and cleaning it and repairing it from when I crashed it in the snow back at the end of 2010.

It is an amazing car, always been very reliable despite me learning on it and I can sure as hell say I wouldn't have wanted to be stuck with the 1.4 now!

I have been accused of trolling as early on as my first few threads back on .net but I never was trolling. After relentless accusations I decided, "What the hell, if the shoe fits wear it" and did deliberately troll on occasions and enjoyed it as well. It was a laugh and I am such a sociable guy when I feel comfortable with people.

Anyway back to my beloved 306 I really want to commemorate the anniversary by slapping on a decent blower as most of you know now around here Nospeak
Feel free to comment on my legacy on this thread if you will, this is a sociable thread for anyone to talk about me. The next one will be for my beloved's 20th birthdayBlush Yes I am a ridiculously sad git who needs to get a life, I knowUndecided
Thanks given by:
Edited. Keep this sensible or the thread will be closed.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 03:54 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Guess what it has been five years since? Yup, you guessed it, the purchase of my beloved 306 XTdt, my first and only car and the third car I have ever driven Inlove

Here's the proof:
[Image: P1010003_zps186a7d2d.jpg]
Sorry about the lack of focus on the photo.

So I have been part of the 306 community for roughly the same amount of time (I first registered my username on theywhoshallnotbenamed in April 2009 to ask questions about the 1.4 I so nearly bought).

And after half a decade of owning my 306 I have spent thousands over the years modding and learning mechanics on it and cleaning it and repairing it from when I crashed it in the snow back at the end of 2010.

It is an amazing car, always been very reliable despite me learning on it and I can sure as hell say I wouldn't have wanted to be stuck with the 1.4 now!

I have been accused of trolling as early on as my first few threads back on .net but I never was trolling. After relentless accusations I decided, "What the hell, if the shoe fits wear it" and did deliberately troll on occasions and enjoyed it as well. It was a laugh and I am such a sociable guy when I feel comfortable with people.

Anyway back to my beloved 306 I really want to commemorate the anniversary by slapping on a decent blower as most of you know now around here Nospeak
Feel free to comment on my legacy on this thread if you will, this is a sociable thread for anyone to talk about me. The next one will be for my beloved's 20th birthdayBlush Yes I am a ridiculously sad git who needs to get a life, I knowUndecided
Don't flatter yourself Itwasntme

It's a shame you've decided to orstracise yourself by behaving in that way really, although people do give you a hard time often without justification. Congrats on your 5th cake day.
Thanks given by:
You're certainly a strange one.
Thanks given by:
Fair play mate. Don't think I've ever owned a car for more than about 2 years. Wont be long and you'll of owned that car for a quarter of your life!!!
Thanks given by:
Well done I think would of choose a loaded gun then own my rallye anymore (was 3 years ish) just got sick and tired of it breaking.

Though I have really got back into to 'living for the 306" atm, long may it continue
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 04:09 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: You're certainly a strange one.

Hear 'dat!

But yea, don't care to think how long I've been rocking around in 306s either - too long probably! It's good to reminisce about the old days on .net before it all went pear-shaped, had some good times with the folks I've met over the years.

You won't beat Dee for years of ownership of the same car though!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, Liam removed my bit about the girlfriends thread. Why are people sensible to the point of being boring I wonder? Oh well.
Thanks given by:
well done.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sigh,
Been told off for my picture which i picked out just for you puggy.

Good for you and your car ownership. I hope you are happy together a as couple
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 05:34 PM)Niall Wrote: Sigh,
Been told off for my picture which i picked out just for you puggy.

Good for you and your car ownership. I hope you are happy together a as couple

lol

Theres a few I could pick from.

Bit of an odd OP I must say, but fair play for making an effort. Not that it will last long ofc...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 05:03 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Hmm, Liam removed my bit about the girlfriends thread. Why are people sensible to the point of being boring I wonder? Oh well.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them. My opinion was that what you wrote was inappropriate, so I removed it.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 10:21 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 05:03 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Hmm, Liam removed my bit about the girlfriends thread. Why are people sensible to the point of being boring I wonder? Oh well.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them. My opinion was that what you wrote was inappropriate, so I removed it.

I saw it before the edit and I agree.
Thanks given by:
I don't understand what's going on?!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Well, decided I would commemorate the five year anniversary of my beloved with some photos. I have had this for five years now and they have really taken their toll. Only recently I have clocked 160k miles on it, it was 128k when I bought it so I have done 32k miles in it and that is all my solo driving experience so far.

[Image: P1010005_zps69e68201.jpg]

[Image: P1010006_zps541e78fd.jpg]

You can see the front bumper is the one I bought from Euro Car Parts for 80 quid and had to manually chisel all the masking tape off. Then I paid 40 quid for some fog light hole blanking plates from Peugeot only to find out they were the wrong ones and it was a special order so they wouldn't accept them back. So I had to bodge them into the bumper as best I could which is my the bumper looks such a mess. I couldn't find a standard turbo bumper for love nor money so I have had that crappy Euro Parts bumper on since the crash.

What a sexy booty:

[Image: P1010007_zpse13caa0f.jpg]

And the rally car like interior:

[Image: P1010010_zps919aa695.jpg]

[Image: P1010011_zps4826fc6e.jpg]

I paid 120 pounds of my hard earnt student loan for those half leathersUndecided Had to do a 30 mile round trip to pick them up as well. When I told people on here how much I paid for them they went mental. What other options did I have though? Story of my life Big Grin Anyone else feel free to comment or talk about me if you wishMakeup
Thanks given by:
why couldn't you fit a sports bumper? . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
liking the wheels
Thanks given by:
30 mile round trip.. Steady on
I did a 180 mile round trip to pick up my fmic
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2014, 07:26 PM)Jimbo Wrote: 30 mile round trip.. Steady on

I remember when I had my 106, did SE London > Welwyn Garden City > Kings Lynn > SE London for some 106 Quiksilver seats because they were cheap lol

Using phone Satnav which was terrible and ran out in Cambridge, cue me franctially going around the services looking for a charger.
Thanks given by:
I drove to a 400 mile ish trip to look at a peugeot I didn't buy in the end... and just got some speedlines lol
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2014, 07:26 PM)Jimbo Wrote: 30 mile round trip.. Steady on

That's a marathon + four miles...people can literally run that far in a few hours. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The wheels without the centre caps look awesome!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I did a 180 round trip to pick up a boot lid and door...

And I drove to Bristol and back (from north east London) to pick up my half leathers
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I did a 120mile round trip, in a 6, to get spare parts lol

Does puggy really think his shit don't stink; somehow needing to share how amazing he isn't
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
30 mile ROUND trip?! So 15 mile either way.

lmao

I have to do more than that to do my supermarket shop each week!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I do 36 round trip to work everyday.. lol, we drove 800 mile round trip well just over to pick up our dog lol
Thanks given by:
I went to the Isle of Wight just to buy my Celica...

But yea I guess the point we are making here is that 30 miles is nothing for parts!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
*arduous.

And I'm the same, just coming up to 5 years with my 306, bought it at 16 (21 now) and still yet to find a car worth replacing it with for similar money!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2014, 10:50 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: I guess the point we are making here is that 30 miles is nothing for parts!

Thats the point I took from it too. Cheap parts aren't cheap if you spend all day and a tank of fuel driving the length of the country to pick them up.

Also I guess hes a bit Tom like, doesn't get out much, if he's only done 32k in 5 years, thats just over 6k a year.
Thanks given by:
I had 2 sigma bumpers you could of had for free they where d turbo ones but you never got back to me.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 years today procta 50 7,043 13-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: procta
  New Years resolution Niall 56 10,765 18-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  New years eve cully 9 2,521 28-12-2013, 09:50 AM