imaxle.co.uk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
imaxle.co.uk
Anyone bought an axle from these guys? #
http://www.imaxle.co.uk/
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, got one on the car now. They are also the supplier to ECP and CP4L so depending on what promos are on could be cheaper to go through ECP.
It's been on the car for a year now, getting a bit creaky just like my old one was, dunno if that's the axle or the mounts, they don't include mounts and mines got the cheap nasty Q-Drive ones on as couldn't afford owt better at the time. I can't tell wether I'm gettin a small amount of camber on my n/s or not or wether I'm imagining it. All in all I suppose it's been ok but once and debt free will be goin to that fella over on the gti forum, apparently his builds are the dogs danglies and he uses all genuine parts but he quoted me a smidge over £600 if I remember rightly.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure I've heard bad things about these guys
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
The choice you need to look at is all new or the dreaded Recon word which means anything I'm afraid, when you factor the new OE parts come to around £250.00 ish + Labour it's not cheap, Paint on top add's another margin,
One reason why I don;t use recon steering racks anymore as I got fed up with used parts being supplied, Off topic I know
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2014, 09:10 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: Yep, got one on the car now. They are also the supplier to ECP and CP4L so depending on what promos are on could be cheaper to go through ECP.

Mainline are the suppliers of axles
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2014, 09:37 PM)JamesG Wrote:
(07-05-2014, 09:10 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: Yep, got one on the car now. They are also the supplier to ECP and CP4L so depending on what promos are on could be cheaper to go through ECP.

Ok I may be wrong then but they definitely were last year when I ordered, I spoke to IM and ECP, my local ECP spoke directly to him moments after I had, I played them off against each other something propper and in the end got it off IM direct for £300 delivered, would of been £280 off ECP at the time but I would of had to wait for IM to deliver it to them, then for them to transfer it to my local branch which I didn't have the time to wait for, as it happens though the friggin courier put it on the wrong wagon and it ended up spending the weekend locked in deeside distribution depot I went mental at them even offering to go to the distribution centre to collect it in person but apparently it was a little too much hard work to open the trailer and look for it!
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 07:25 AM)Dodgy Bob Wrote:
(07-05-2014, 09:37 PM)JamesG Wrote:

Ok I may be wrong then but they definitely were last year when I ordered, I spoke to IM and ECP, my local ECP spoke directly to him moments after I had, I played them off against each other something propper and in the end got it off IM direct for £300 delivered, would of been £280 off ECP at the time but I would of had to wait for IM to deliver it to them, then for them to transfer it to my local branch which I didn't have the time to wait for, as it happens though the friggin courier put it on the wrong wagon and it ended up spending the weekend locked in deeside distribution depot I went mental at them even offering to go to the distribution centre to collect it in person but apparently it was a little too much hard work to open the trailer and look for it!

Just checked our system and I stand corrected IM is mainline who supply us with axles.

Sounds like a typical courier firm messing up lol
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/WHt40yobses

Sorry it had to be done lol
Thanks given by:
I had mine of Imaxle amd it's been perfect no problems at all with it.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 08:39 AM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: http://youtu.be/WHt40yobses

Sorry it had to be done lol

Well deserved Wink
Thanks given by:
need a rebuild?
Thanks given by:
I've recently put a gti beam on but still got a fair bit of camber, better though as before it was rubbing the arch liner. Don't mind paying top dollar as long as I'm getting my money's worth
Thanks given by:
still got the original beam? as that may have had 21mm bars in it being an estate.

check your RP number, they were 20mm up to RP 08882.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 12:27 PM)welshpug Wrote: still got the original beam? as that may have had 21mm bars in it being an estate.

check your RP number, they were 20mm up to RP 08882.
RP? No I scrapped it mate it was f****d
Thanks given by: