GT2052S project thread number three

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2052S project thread number three
I cant believe its too big to spool either. Hot side isnt all that big
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 10:37 AM)Piggy Wrote: I cant believe its too big to spool either. Hot side isnt all that big

This is flynn though.. the pump is most prob slightly tuned and thats it.. no gov mod etc.. im not sure if the fuel is still starting to cut off at a standard amount if ya know what I mean..
Thanks given by:
He said its billowing smoke....so should spool!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Are you just matting your foot or. Easing it down progressively
Thanks given by:
Likely he is probably matting it...

But it should still spool and clear
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the quick replies chaps.

I really don't think it could be a boost leak because as I go further up the rev range I would expect some increase in boost but it just seems to be flat as it is in the low revs so it is really only in the mid range where the Bosch delivers peak fuel that it seems to make any boost.

None the less I shall try removing the boost controller and try the WD40 method as well as I don't have any brake cleaner. Piggy the shaft does have some side to side play (perhaps 2-3mm) but I have read that they all have play without the oil bearing.

Thanks and I think I will be scouring the for sale section for a TD04 very soon as GT20 series units are hard to get hold of.

Edit:

Just seen the above conversation.

(11-06-2014, 10:51 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 10:37 AM)Piggy Wrote: I cant believe its too big to spool either. Hot side isnt all that big

This is flynn though.. the pump is most prob slightly tuned and thats it.. no gov mod etc.. im not sure if the fuel is still starting to cut off at a standard amount if ya know what I mean..

Yes the governor is modded and the LDA pin has been grinded down. And it is running enough fuel for 30 psi on the K14 unit.

(11-06-2014, 11:46 AM)Piggy Wrote: Likely he is probably matting it...

But it should still spool and clear

Yes from what I have read a GT20 should respond well to foot matting as it spools very quickly so I have just been giving it everything.
Thanks given by:
2-3 mm is alot! Without oil it should be less than 1mm tbh as they are such fine tolerances

Chuck a new pic up of the comp wheel.. 2-3mm IMO is more than enough for it to have caught on the housing..
Thanks given by:
2-3mm is HUGE

Thats buggered.

GT20s are not hard to come by, just simply not true. Just look at my history of buying loads of them!!!

I have a GT2056s for sale soon when I get my GTB on. If interested, let me know. Its currently boosting my 2.1 at 1.7bar strong
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 02:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: 2-3mm is HUGE

Thats buggered.

GT20s are not hard to come by, just simply not true. Just look at my history of buying loads of them!!!

I have a GT2056s for sale soon when I get my GTB on. If interested, let me know. Its currently boosting my 2.1 at 1.7bar strong

I'm interested in that price depending piggy Wink drop me a pm when/if it's for sale

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up (SHOW TIME )project number 3 twin turbo ( SHOW TIME ) pioneer DJ paddy 77 30,298 28-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
Video project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-: pioneer DJ paddy 138 56,531 03-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
Wink Project number one Will 39 10,773 20-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Eeyore