Hdi engine question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi engine question
The engine in the 306 hdi is it the rhy code? I've got a 307 with a buggered engine and I think that's the same. Just someone with a hdi to confirm the code please
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
RHY and RHS from the 110 models are interchangeable.

307 90 should indeed have an RHY as will the 306 90.

Some water pipes etc may need changed over but the bare blocks are the same.

My 306 has an RHS engine in it at present whereas the original was an RHY
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much sir. Makes.my life easier. May buy thus 307 then.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Yeah the turbo is different between both cars, and exhaust etc due to this but the bare engine is interchangeable between all 2.0 hdi 8 valve cars.

Just different ancillaries and water pipe routes etc.
Thanks given by:
Well it's a snapped belt so all I do is swap over bare engine. Everything else is fine
Thanks given by:
Snapped belt would be a case of taking the cam cover off and changing the lifters usually on a hdi aswell as replacing the belt and timing it up.

Usually only the rockers/lifters that break.

Might save you an engine change if you use the head off the new engine.
Thanks given by:
Might have to look Into it. He was going over 80 at the time though so.i reckon his done valves. I'll whip the cover off though and have a look
Thanks given by:
the valves dont usually get damaged in the hdi tho, rockers give way Smile

Might be lucky bud
Thanks given by:
What you need sir is a 11MM Bosch td04 307! Must be done!!
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2014, 07:54 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: What you need sir is a 11MM Bosch td04 307! Must be done!!

I don't really like them tbh mate. Wallow to much far to big and it's an estate as well. Just not a fan. Be a great car for someone else though. 11mm td04 on my current car would be epic though
Thanks given by:
Yes that's true. Mums got a 307 hdi 2.0 90 brake and it's soo slowww
Thanks given by: