VIC Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIC Test
One my car is fixed, it needs a VIC test. I know it doesn't have to be done right away but unfortunately Flux want to see one before my car can be classed as roadworthy again :/

Having looked at it, it seems you fill in a form then they process it, no information of how long you'd have to wait etc. So wondering if anyone here has had one and what it was like. Whether I need to fill out the form now or wait.

I assumed you would just go onto the page and choose a time/date.
Thanks given by:
They get back to you with an appointment. As long as you haven't welded one car to another you'll pass Smile
Thanks given by:
VIC test does not check anything regarding roadworthiness, its purely a Vechicle Identity Check.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 04:53 PM)vlj Wrote: They get back to you with an appointment. As long as you haven't welded one car to another you'll pass Smile

(06-05-2014, 06:13 PM)welshpug Wrote: VIC test does not check anything regarding roadworthiness, its purely a Vechicle Identity Check.

Thanks.

It's not the passing I'm worried about, although engine swap still not declared Confused , it was the time frame as I need my car to get to work and can't do that if Flux still think it's unroadworthy. Want to get it in as soon as it's fixed but that doesn't seem as easy as I hoped.
Thanks given by:
All depends how busy your local center is!
I have filled the form in and had the call the following day to go in a couple of days later.

They may check the engine numbers march up as the whole thing was introduced to cut down on ringing
Thanks given by:
If you've done the online form they will get back to you with a possible date, however if that date is too far away you can keep ringing and ask for a cancellation which may be sooner.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:24 PM)swampy Wrote: All depends how busy your local center is!
I have filled the form in and had the call the following day to go in a couple of days later.

They may check the engine numbers march up as the whole thing was introduced to cut down on ringing

(06-05-2014, 06:24 PM)Anton Wrote: If you've done the online form they will get back to you with a possible date, however if that date is too far away you can keep ringing and ask for a cancellation which may be sooner.

Great, cheers.

I could always say the swap was recent then didn't get round to declaring because of the accident. It's declared on the insurance so meh.
Thanks given by:
I'd sod flux right off, they're pretty crap in my experience.
Thanks given by:
Insurance runs out end of July and they seem ok so far.
Thanks given by:
If the vehicle has been legally declared written off as a Cat C then a VIC check is a legal requirement, as is an MOT.
Not sure about a Cat D...however all they did when I had one was check the VIN numbers matched their records really....it took the guy longer to walk to the car from the office than it did to look at it and it was only about 50m away.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I had a cat C on my car and needed to tax it, obviously when you write off your car you don’t receive the reminder document so you have to go to the post office to get it (who’ve now been advised by the DVLA to not sell tax discs to cars that have been written off...)

I also had a gti to xud conversion on the car and hadn’t declared in on the V5 as I was waiting to get the VIC test... it was all a massive pita as it all was happening at once. But, by the powers of unicorns I got it all sorted so easily and wondered why I was stressing about it.
I managed to get it MOT’d no issue with a cat C and the engine change, you just need to find a garage that is happy with doing it.

I would suggest giving the DVLA a call and see what they suggest you do if you've got any concerns with anything.

Also, like people are saying; VIC test sounds scary but they really aren’t as long as you haven’t messed about with the chassis!
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:18 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 04:53 PM)vlj Wrote: They get back to you with an appointment. As long as you haven't welded one car to another you'll pass Smile

(06-05-2014, 06:13 PM)welshpug Wrote: VIC test does not check anything regarding roadworthiness, its purely a Vechicle Identity Check.

Thanks.

It's not the passing I'm worried about, although engine swap still not declared Confused , it was the time frame as I need my car to get to work and can't do that if Flux still think it's unroadworthy. Want to get it in as soon as it's fixed but that doesn't seem as easy as I hoped.

whos to say that the engine was all ready in the car when you bought it?
all you know its a diesel turbo, which it is.

(06-05-2014, 08:39 PM)welshpug Wrote: I'd sod flux right off, they're pretty crap in my experience.

I have heard a few stories about flux too, on here and other car forums.
one lad had retract his claim, as they didn't agree what the price of the car was worth, with all his little trickery stuff declared. They said its only worth book value, so you can think what they offered him for a 94 plater metro at the time! He had put about 2.5k into the car.
Thanks given by: