Gauging how much money I need

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauging how much money I need
I'm after a bosch pump and injectors. Then though I might as well build up an entire engine with new rods too to.make it a bit safer so I'm looking for complete engine including pump. Just so I can build it. Bench test then drop straight in with a hdi box too.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Pfft, should just dropped my HDi lump in. Wink

It'll cost a lot more for an XUD...Bosch alone is like £60! lol
Thanks given by:
True I was gonna buy ure engine for spares for cousin but u already striped it. For me it's xud the whole way. Veg oil ftw!!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Lol, each to their own!

On topic though, I've never owned/broken an XUD so I have no idea of the costs.
Thanks given by:
Well I've seen them.on the bay complete for about 150 but saying that I don't trust some people on there. I'd rather buy off forum or off my local scrappy as he would let me thrash car round to check it's ok. Basically I want a good tested one.
Thanks given by:
just buy a ph1 with xud turbo and a bosch, take what you need and sell whats left and then scrap the shell.

you should be able to find a cheap/tatty low MOT ph1 for £200-300. once you have taken what you want and sold any remaining bits and scrapped the shell, you should have only had to "pay" £50 to nothing for the bits you need

FYI Chris has a xud block with HDi rods ready fitted for sale
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think that's what I'll do tbf I can drive things back on trade plates to so long as it's got test. I'm thinking about hdi rods but I've set a friend of mine looking into alternatives. I was intrigued by tom's "super secret rods" probably end up going hdi if we can't figure it out. Has chriss one got bosch on. Not that I can afford it till next month
Thanks given by:
Tbh a decent set of rods gonna cost ya about 400 I'd say, they'll have to be custom made
Complete engine say 150?
Arp studs ain't they 150-200?
Plus new gaskets etc etc possibly 200 if u go new rings
That'd without big turbo and all that stuff
Thanks given by:
The rods that I'm thinking of using I should be able to get cheap Smile I'm just waiting on.measurments to come back to me. If not I'll stick hdi rods in. I'm not going mega power so won't need arp head studs. Just a little more omph while running veg. probably just run a t2 tbf.

Just want reliability
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 09:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: just buy a ph1 with xud turbo and a bosch, take what you need and sell whats left and then scrap the shell.

you should be able to find a cheap/tatty low MOT ph1 for £200-300. once you have taken what you want and sold any remaining bits and scrapped the shell, you should have only had to "pay" £50 to nothing for the bits you need

FYI Chris has a xud block with HDi rods ready fitted for sale

My bottom end sold a while ago it's in a 205 d turbo on here some were that grey one forgot his name now Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to get rid of some money? ROBCAT 13 3,089 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Silly money 205 chylledapps 3 1,485 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Travel Money MY95 3 1,716 13-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Frosty