Issues with my car :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with my car :(
Just got the clutch done and it doesn't slip so that's great Smile but there's a fee issues I'm still having :/

Problem 1: when you lift the clutch in first it bites very hard so you can't set off smoothly or very fast.

Problem 2: it idles like shit! I cleaned the ICV but when in traffic today it was revving from 2k - 4k constantly so I had to turn it off to stop the revving issue.

Problem 3: it has hardly no power, I know it's. 1.4 but this feels really sluggish. Don't know if it's just me. It's my first car so can't really compare it to much

All help welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
The clutch sounds normal tbh, you'll get used to it.. Most people stall a few times after new clutch when they pick it up from garage lol
Thanks given by:
When was the last service? Give a good service, maybe a new icv?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2014, 06:32 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: The clutch sounds normal tbh, you'll get used to it.. Most people stall a few times after new clutch when they pick it up from garage lol

Yeah I'm slowly getting there only passed about 2 1/2 months ago so still new to using a different car from my instructors car. Know idea what's wrong with the idling and the lack of power though :/

(01-05-2014, 06:35 PM)Matt Wrote: When was the last service? Give a good service, maybe a new icv?

Yeah I'm gonna do a good service and see if that helps the power seems to be using a lot of fuel as well
Thanks given by:
make sure you get the fuel filter too, alot of garages seem to miss them on services and on your age car coul be quite gammy
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2014, 08:17 PM)306Dan Wrote: make sure you get the fuel filter too, alot of garages seem to miss them on services and on your age car coul be quite gammy

Yeah I think I'm gonna be spending some time on Eurocarparts tonight Smile
Thanks given by: