ignition replacment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ignition replacment
Whats needed in replacing a ignition ,had to smash mine up to get the steering lock off then started the car with the key near the ignition &a screwdriver ,but now I can't start it .is it fooked can I fit a flick switch and say a bundle many thanks .
Thanks given by:
get a new ignition barrel and fit it... you could do it with flick switches but it would be a bit of a mission.
Thanks given by:
Will the key need programing& would the ecu need replacing thanks .
Thanks given by:
you will have to take the blade from the new key and put it in the fob of the old one.

no programing or ecu replacing required. You are changing the mechanical switch and the key that operates it,

the electronics is in the fob and doesn't change
Thanks given by:
Cheers for that darkinferno, do you know if all the 206 steering columns are the same, as i need to get one aa well thanks .
Thanks given by:
Its the same for the 106, don't know about the 206 but i'd assume they are the same.
Thanks given by:
Got a ignition change chip but still won't start how do her code recode the key in thanks.
Thanks given by:
?? you don't change your chip... you use your original one.
Thanks given by:
Nah I put the206 blade of the of the new /secondhand key into my handle witch have the chip,but still most happening ,thinking about scrapping her . to many cars dead on me drive I've still got a 306 with knackered alternator as well , and with me 22yr old Passat which im useing with no troupbles there's not enough room for next door to park &they r getting a bit pead off. .
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ignition barrel replacment MarkTD 5 1,921 30-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Matt