running cool...bit baffled...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running cool...bit baffled...
So...odd one...

The other day I noticed the 2.1 running a bit cool, about 10/12degrees.
So I figured a stuck open thermostat and as the first one had some sealant round the edge, I thought it would kill two birds with one stone...so fitted a new stat last night...blead it all up nicely, no issues.

Well, it still runs cool. Even when on full chat up a hill.

She is running around 72/73degrees. Up to 77ish when on full chat or in traffic after a run.

Any ideas?!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Dash temp sensor broken? Mine runs cool all the time....until I plugged in the diag tool, its actually running at 80c after a short while, but the dash never gets above 70 lol.
Thanks given by:
hmmm....
seems odd that it does read, and changed...just not as much as before.

its the blue one isnt it? I think I may have a spare somewhere...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it was working before, it probably isn't that then. Just that mine was and I hadn't even considered it until I was doing live readings for something else.

Umm, I think its the blue one for the dash yeah...not sure if that's the same on the 2.1 though.
Thanks given by:
Well theres a brown one and a blue one on the thermostat housing...brown does fans...then the green one on the side of the head.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I would have said it's the sender/sensor, if you're 100% certain there's no airlocks?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Green is for ECU on HDis/Petrols so not sure what its for on yours tbh.

It is the blue one for the dash then.
Thanks given by:
Got an oil cooler? Stat on that broken?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No, no oil cooler
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do you ever loose water or anything? Could be an air pocket around the sensor
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit strange to have the same air pocket after replacing the thermostat and rebleeding the system though, no!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lucky you! Have you felt the pipes and the rad when the gauge says 70? Would of thought ypu could guess if its accurate or not...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Not sure my hand will lnow difference between 73/83....but I have got a laser thermometer....forgot about that...will run it today and use that to ser what temp it is
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tink I found the issue....simple problem hopefully
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a really similar issue to you, the gauge goes up to about 73/4 degrees and then doesn't move anymore.

Replaced the stat and bled the system but it never moves past that point.

I know the coolant is getting hotter because the fans still kick in when stuck in traffic etc...
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
My issue I believe is I removed the dials and cleaned them...I think I moved the needle.

Apparently it should sit just under the first block when ignition turned on and engine cold...mine is a good 5/6mm below that!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 05:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: My issue I believe is I removed the dials and cleaned them...I think I moved the needle.

Apparently it should sit just under the first block when ignition turned on and engine cold...mine is a good 5/6mm below that!

all the 306's i've had needle starts at the very bottom, sure it's not the raccoon filter?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Not according to the few I have asked.

And thats the only thing touched since the issue occured
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: Not according to the few I have asked.

yeah fair enough, mine start at the bottom though . . . . .could be a homosexual temp gauge lol. . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:58 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 06:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: Not according to the few I have asked.

yeah fair enough, mine start at the bottom though . . . . .could be a homosexual temp gauge lol. . .

Happens all the time. I once had a temp gauge that started wearing leather, grew a moustache and moved to Soho.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: