[GI/WIW] 306 HDi Dturbo Black 3dr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GI/WIW] 306 HDi Dturbo Black 3dr
Hi all

in the next couple of months my car might be for sale

[Image: 995847_266296466867227_2135761698_n.jpg]

bought this from DazzaHDi in June last year and have done 17000 miles in it with only a few problems such as a failed lift pump and starter motor however these were replaced and car has run spot on since

basic info
  • 2.0 HDi
  • 2001 Y plate
  • 174k at the moment will be 176 ish at time of sale
  • MOT till August, taxed till 31/07 but this will be close to expiry
  • plenty of service history up until last year when i have been taking it to Danny2009 for any work that has needed to be done

modifications
  • stage 1 pro steve map, estimated 125-130bhp
  • homemade decat and backbox delete midbox still in place
  • carbon fibre wrapped bonnet but can put original back on
  • lowered 60mm on standard shocks, 40mm on rear Xsara VTS axle
  • cyclones, will have decent tread on them
  • team heko wind deflectors
  • ph2 bumper with newish fogs and unvented laguna splitter
  • 6000k HID kit
  • fly eye tinted the red part of the rear lights

bad points
  • was involved in a hit and run that damaged the passenger door, there is a thread on here where you can see the extent of the damage. this is being sorted out but the replacement door is moonstone blue, can be painted at cost but as im not keeping the car its not worth my own time or money
  • paint/bodywork is not perfect, does have the odd scrape and dent here and there particularly around the C pillar and passenger rear arch. paint has been touched up in places but poorly
  • brake discs could do with replacing all round as i have a feeling they may be warped slightly, and are fairly worn
  • the rear wiper doesnt work and i havent found out why, i was going to dewiper it anyway but couldnt get it off and dont want to risk shattering the back screen
  • tint film residue on the back screen, managed to get it off the back quarter windows but its fairly stubborn on here
  • tint film is peeling on the fogs, may just take it off anyway

i have tried to be as honest about the car as i can, any further questions are welcome and i will update any info that is required

genuine reason for wanting to sell it, as i am collecting a new car soon and being young i cant afford to run/tax/insure both as much as id like to keep my 306

would rather sell as a whole car and have someone keep it going rather than break it even if i get less money this way

hoping it might fetch £500-550 to the right buyer?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll give you 350 for it.

Realistically its a high mileage 306 with an odd coloured door, the wrong front bumper and little / no tax or MOT when your looking at selling it.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
As said I've done all work on this, pretty sure he still had the front bumper I could fit if people would prefer

I understand it's not low mileage but has to be worth more than £350 seriously
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I picked up my meridian more with tax and test and lower mileage and with stacked of history including a clutch and cambelt etc in the last year. Paid £200 for the car.

Got to be realistic that its nearly 15 years old! Im not trying too be a bellend but as someone that doesnt know the car and has too imagine buying it and getting the door sprayed / finding a black door, then having to tax it and then MOT it which by the sounds of things is gonna need discs / pads all round. it suddenly becomes a £900 quid HDi if you paid £550 for it. Also the mileage goes against it regardless of condition.

Please dont take my opinion the wrong way but too a prospective buyer thats what theyre looking at. I only want a black 3 dr HDi too make my driveway look awesome with the rallye next too it lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yea I know where your coming from but if he has a buyer I'm sure new disk pads and the door can be sorted once price had been negotiated

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Bought my Y reg HDi with 170k, 10 months MOT and 2 months tax for £150.... Tongue

Unfortunately they're worth sod all now. £400 with no T&T tbh, seriously.
Thanks given by:
Well £350 is a starting point for haggling Smile

Nothing to stop him dropping me a pm with a counter offer Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It's worth a lot more than that in bits

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Is it? Mine don't seem to be. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Axle £150
Front callipers £30
Springs £30
Wheels with toyo tyres £100
Box £50
Deflectors £30

That's £390 just there lol

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Whilst I agree it would be worth note in bits Danny, I highly doubt you will sell a beam for £150. I had three I couldn't shift for £50 quid a pop unfortunately Sad
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I don't anywhere near that for those parts! Sad

It's all well and good speculating, but actually selling the parts seems to be near impossible these days, especially the standard ones! I will admit its got some upgrade parts which should sell though....but then mods will put 'normal' buyers off a whole car anyway... Swings and roundabouts I guess. Wish I'd just scrapped the estate complete now tbh. I don't see that I'll get £150 back from it.
Thanks given by:
Vts beams? I sell drum beams for £60 can't get enough people keep ringing me for them

The box will be harder to shift as it's not a 10 minute job to change and not many people fix what's not broke beams always brake £150 is a bargain for a lowered vts beam when it costs nearly that to have one lowered

Sell clones all day long for £100 I've priced everything on experience not what Joe blog down the road tells me it's worth, if people pay the price surely it's worth that

Anyway I'll stop spamming mr Ts thread

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
And I thought Northerners were supposed to be tight arses! £100 for 'clones!? £60 for drum beams!? I'll have to move up North to sell stuff then. Sad
Thanks given by:
Oh we are there the prices and I don't budge lol

I see it like this a drum beam on eBay can be £80+ and no guarantee it's not cambered

People recommend me and pass my number on that's how I sell bits I'm cheaper than ebay and they know it's going to be good

Cyclones with good tyres (toyo) worth £100 tyres are £45 each

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2014, 04:18 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: People recommend me and pass my number on that's how I sell bits I'm cheaper than ebay and they know it's going to be good

Ah, yet again, its always who you know, not what you know. Unfortunately I luck out there as I don't know anyone local lol.
Thanks given by:
As stated the car is undoubtedly worth more in bits, hence why im breaking a few myself but he has offered it for sale as a whole and it needs money spending on it.

Im sure if he considers my offer he will PM me Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I have a door if someone needs it Wink
Thanks given by:
Shame to see this for sale! You've came along way with this! Please don't break!
In my ownership (didn't have it long, had 4 cars in 8 months, 3 being 306's Tongue all in my first year of driving but I've kept with my 4th, needed to calm down ahaa)
Yeah anyway I'm not here to spam lol
When I had it last year it had a gates's cambelt kit fitted, new alternator belt, both wishbones, tre's, drop links, can't remember what else as I've changed so much on my current 306 I get confused lol but this car was a dream to drive! The engine was quieter than any of my mates hdis and even my current one! If I hadn't put so much in my current one I would have this back! GLWTS bud!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Fix the door, brakes and bumper and stick 12mths ticket on it and its a good £650-700...

But as it is, £350max
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 09:32 PM)HD-Aye! Wrote: I have a door if someone needs it Wink

Have it! I'm sure he's local to me (Birmingham?) and as piggy said change the brakes and get Danny to put a ticket on Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: SOLD - 306 DTurbo Phase 1 Black - S16 Seats, 11mm Darren Pump - SOLD silverzx 46 17,805 18-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  phase1 dturbo black. 306pc 8 2,949 12-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: 306pc
  G.I. Black 3dr dturbo Matt 6 1,530 28-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Last Post: maxlee