heating oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heating oil
Will a hdi run on heating oil with 2 stroke oil in it
Thanks given by:
no cause its illegal to use on the road as the duty has not been paid!
Thanks given by:
For off road use it will, but i think it will still kill it
Thanks given by:
Place near me sells bio heating oil, its effectively biodiesel without the tax. Is heating oil therefore just diesel ?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Ive used bio heating oil and it worked fine not sure about normal heating oilntho
Thanks given by:
heating oil is kerosene afaik, can go to lower temps than diesel but not really relevant in uk.

would give less power / mpg

not sure about putting it in a hdi, xud would be fine

and of course, completely illegal for road use
Thanks given by:
More or less, it will shit up filters like veg does and struggle to rev, but yeah it will. However it is hugely illegal in a road car.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Has very little lubricating properties, is very 'dry', Commonrail pumps working at @ 20,000psi or so isn't going to like it. Know people who have done it and have damaged the entire fuel system.

Not to mention it's totally illegal. So don't bother.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I thought with 2 stroke it would be slippery enough for the fuel system
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 02:50 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: I thought with 2 stroke it would be slippery enough for the fuel system

'Slippery enough?'

wow.

it's still illegal, no matter how 'slippery' it is.
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 02:50 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: I thought with 2 stroke it would be slippery enough for the fuel system

No, not really, it's still not got the required lubricants in, not to mention it'll also destroy the seals...

And anyway, it's illegal... End of discussion.

If talk of it continues, the thread will be locked.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Surely its not illegal for track days as it's not on the road so why should it be end of discussion I never said it was for road use just asking advice surely that's what forums are for
Thanks given by:
Mate just give up and stop trying to find excuses lol, I definitely wouldn't be using that on a track with the fuel pump and injectors being used heavily... you'd be lucky to last a lap

And you get less power than derv..
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 03:09 PM)Ruan Wrote: And anyway, it's illegal... End of discussion.

If talk of it continues, the thread will be locked.

I kinda like reading these things for end of world/Apocalypse type situations you know ? Smile
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2014, 03:28 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Surely its not illegal for track days as it's not on the road so why should it be end of discussion I never said it was for road use just asking advice surely that's what forums are for

Majority of tracks still demand your car is fully road legal so no, its not suitable on track either.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well, that's fine, as said, yes it'll probably run in an XUD fine, however it will eat the seals of a HDi CR pump and probably begin to wear the internals of the pump.

I've seen XUDs running on it, they don't like it at all, VE pumps were never made for poorly lubricating fuel, it'll definitely wear the internals of the pump faster.

However the comment before still stands.
Thanks given by:
I believe someone on here is currently having to replace their whole fuel system thanks to some mong running the HDi on kerosene.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
;_;

Why would you even consider this. It's a bad idea, sure 2 stroke oil will help it but it doesn't "lubricate" the same way at all.

As mentioned, it's so dry that it'll chew the pump and kill the injectors.

So, even putting legalities aside, running kerosene based fuels is a bad idea.

You can just about get away with paraffin - but you'll pay shit loads of tax on that Tongue
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heating problem? jayspug86 14 2,331 14-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  HDI not heating LeeroyNI 22 3,900 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: rd070707