Good deeds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good deeds
So most of you who are friends with me on facebook seen my status about what I done tonight if you didn't I will post it after I've finished this. I'm not doing it for the attention or for the 'likes' on facebook. I wanted people to realise how vulnerable the older generation are and helping them for maybe 5/10 minutes out of your day means a whole lot more to them then you believe. The lady who I helped told me she now lives on her own after loosing her husband and doesn't have many family members who she sees often. This was my status:

So was going into town to go shopping as I came out of my mums I saw this elderly lady struggling in the pouring rain with her shopping cart and no hood on her coat, I drove past and I thought to myself I can't just drive past and ignore it so I turned around and went back. She was reluctant to start with obviously who would accept a lift from a stranger, but I said look I have two young daughters I would hope one day they would be like this aswell and help people who need it, and she then said yes please could you take me home. She kept offering me money but I told her I didn't want it I didn't mind helping. When I found out how far she lived from morrisons I was shocked It would have taken her hours. I'm glad I took 10minutes if that out of my time to help someone who needed It Smile

Just want to add. This poor lady was going to walk from my local morrisons to the other side of town a good 3 miles. And most of it is very steep hills. As you all know it's been horrendous rain today also. She was nearly 80 and told me she couldn't afford a taxi that's why she was walking. Broke my heart when she told me. I dread to think if I didn't stop she could have been out walking in the dark Sad I am so glad I helped her Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice one for helping her sian, not many people would at all.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 09:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Nice one for helping her sian, not many people would at all.

The amount of people who drove past her why she struggled to pull her shopping basket is wrong really I thought it was bloody heavy when I lifted it into my boot haha.
Thanks given by:
Well done.

but don't old people get free bus passes??
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 09:37 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Well done.

but don't old people get free bus passes??

No bus runs at 7oclock from the supermarket lol. Did state also she had no money Smile
Thanks given by:
This just goes to show the difference in culture between London and more rural areas like yours. If I offered to do this around here, I would be told to f*ck off because people would think I'm trying to mug them. Can't be nice to others in London. It just gets spat back at you Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 09:52 PM)Niall Wrote: This just goes to show the difference in culture between London and more rural areas like yours. If I offered to do this around here, I would be told to f*ck off because people would think I'm trying to mug them. Can't be nice to others in London. It just gets spat back at you Sad

Tbh you ask an old lady into your car in London she'll probably mug you instead! Confused

I'll be honest, I would never ask a stranger into my car. But I have and often do help out old people round where my Nans lives though. Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 09:52 PM)Niall Wrote: This just goes to show the difference in culture between London and more rural areas like yours. If I offered to do this around here, I would be told to f*ck off because people would think I'm trying to mug them. Can't be nice to others in London. It just gets spat back at you Sad

And I doubt an elderly lady would get in a lowered noisy car if a boy offered a lift stereotyping happens a lot Sad as I was female she seemed a lot more relaxed and the fact she seen I had the two car seats in the back, shame its like that really. Tiverton is abit like that normally were as I live 8miles out of town and everyone is so friendly you'll get asked by strangers how you day is and I was helped out to my car with my bags from the little shop.

(26-04-2014, 09:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Tbh you ask an old lady into your car in London she'll probably mug you instead! Confused

I'll be honest, I would never ask a stranger into my car. But I have and often do help out old people round where my Nans lives though. Smile
I wouldn't ask any old person to get in don't get me wrong I'm very wary about picking people up. But this lady I could tell wasn't a threat to me lol.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 09:57 PM)Sian Wrote: everyone is so friendly you'll get asked by strangers how you day is

This isn't friendly, it's bloody annoying! Why do people automatically assume I want them to talk to me simply because I'm outside gardening or working on cars... Confused I'd rather just be left in peace to get on with whatever I was doing lol.

(26-04-2014, 09:57 PM)Sian Wrote: I wouldn't ask any old person to get in don't get me wrong I'm very wary about picking people up. But this lady I could tell wasn't a threat to me lol.

That's fair enough, I see everyone as a threat though haha....
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 10:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(26-04-2014, 09:57 PM)Sian Wrote: everyone is so friendly you'll get asked by strangers how you day is

This isn't friendly, it's bloody annoying! Why do people automatically assume I want them to talk to me simply because I'm outside gardening or working on cars... Confused I'd rather just be left in peace to get on with whatever I was doing lol.

(26-04-2014, 09:57 PM)Sian Wrote: I wouldn't ask any old person to get in don't get me wrong I'm very wary about picking people up. But this lady I could tell wasn't a threat to me lol.

That's fair enough, I see everyone as a threat though haha....
Hmm then I wouldn't advise you picked anyone up lols.
Thanks given by:
I picked up a hitch hiker the other day. I like hitch hikers but I couldn't eat a whole one so left him in a ditch near where he wanted to go.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2014, 12:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I picked up a hitch hiker the other day. I like hitch hikers but I couldn't eat a whole one so left him in a ditch near where he wanted to go.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lol
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I left a note on a car in Lyndhurst after I saw her lights were left off and I had jump leads in the car.

I went for dinner, needless to say as I cracked my first poppadom I got the call to go help her. Car jumped, took 2 minutes away from my dinner but saved her a lot of hassle.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
If you try and do a good deed around here, you will either get stabbed, pepper sprayed, or a ra*e alarm will go off.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Gotta say the same with Grant and Niall, If I offer to help people it'll end up with then pepper spraying me or calling the police. Doesn't help that I'm 6ft 4in tall and have a bit of an escaped mental patient look.

I do do alot of good stuff at work but it doesn't really count if you get paid to do it. I suppose I'm always nice and hold doors for people and help people with pushchairs upstairs and that sorta shit
Thanks given by:
Old people round here are shot as practice before they mess up the 'perfect villages'...

But Im always armed with tools and hiviz coat and think I helped about a dozen brokendowners this winter...makes you feel so good, its a selfish thing to help others when you think of it!! lol

I did once pick up a young lad in running gear limping, he had torn his calf muscle and was nearly in tears...so took him to AnE in Cheltenham....first time a passenger has asked me to go faster!!!! Haha!!

We can all make a difference though Smile

Well done everyone Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I helped a woman out not long ago. Rugby train station is hell at 5.30 in the evening and as I turned into the station road i noticed a car at the zebra crossing (main station exit) sat there with hazards on, and people just driving round it - it was pissing down. You can imagine if it's chaos as normal how much a broken down car doesn't help..

As i was waiting for the mrs anyway i parked up and popped down to see if she was ok and she was visibly panicking, not helped by the fact people were actively queuing to get around her and not helping her. As she was next to a clear spot I just pushed her Punto easily into the spot and made sure she had breakdown cover - she did but didn't have the number so i googled it for her and gave it to her. Only at this point did I notice (steamed up windows) that a baby was in a car seat in the back - naturally I then had to ask her if anyone was coming or if she needed a lift home with the baby but at that point her friend appeared to pick the kid up.

5 Minutes I would otherwise just have spent sitting in the car.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2014, 10:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Gotta say the same with Grant and Niall, If I offer to help people it'll end up with then pepper spraying me or calling the police. Doesn't help that I'm 6ft 4in tall and have a bit of an escaped mental patient look.

I do do alot of good stuff at work but it doesn't really count if you get paid to do it. I suppose I'm always nice and hold doors for people and help people with pushchairs upstairs and that sorta shit

Mental patient look lmao

(27-04-2014, 03:04 PM)C2K Wrote: I helped a woman out not long ago. Rugby train station is hell at 5.30 in the evening and as I turned into the station road i noticed a car at the zebra crossing (main station exit) sat there with hazards on, and people just driving round it - it was pissing down. You can imagine if it's chaos as normal how much a broken down car doesn't help..

As i was waiting for the mrs anyway i parked up and popped down to see if she was ok and she was visibly panicking, not helped by the fact people were actively queuing to get around her and not helping her. As she was next to a clear spot I just pushed her Punto easily into the spot and made sure she had breakdown cover - she did but didn't have the number so i googled it for her and gave it to her. Only at this point did I notice (steamed up windows) that a baby was in a car seat in the back - naturally I then had to ask her if anyone was coming or if she needed a lift home with the baby but at that point her friend appeared to pick the kid up.

5 Minutes I would otherwise just have spent sitting in the car.
We all get very panicky in these situations , it's a girl thing lol. Shows if you didn't stop that poor woman would have been there for a long time Sad
Thanks given by:
I've offered to help people so many times in Oxford and been looked at as if I was about to ra*e them... Down in Cornwall it's just a totally different kettle of fish...

I remember back along seeing that about 30 sheep had escaped from a field back at home... First thing you do, stop, get out and try and alert cars!? So got out, asked a few people behind me to help and went up to another car (guess what, f*cking Audi Q7, might have bloody guessed) who then proceeded to shout at me as he thought I was out to hold up his day...

So I properly lost my rag and explained the situation quite harshly, to which he offered me a fight...

Honestly, a lot of people these days are just total arse holes and are ONLY out for themselves.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Some people are complete lady gardens, I know if I were to stop I'd be given some shit or they'd think I'm gunna mug them! It just the way I look, beard, tattoos flesh tunnels etc if they didn't stereotype so bad, they realise I'm actually a nice guy haha I'm nvq level 3 trained health care assistant. I'm hardly gunna mug them haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2014, 06:06 PM)Matt Wrote: Some people are complete lady gardens, I know if I were to stop I'd be given some shit or they'd think I'm gunna mug them! It just the way I look, beard, tattoos flesh tunnels etc if they didn't stereotype so bad, they realise I'm actually a nice guy haha I'm nvq level 3 trained health care assistant. I'm hardly gunna mug them haha

You do look like a serial sex offender though :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That's because I am....

Haha nah, I actually do I swear, people look at me in fear! Swear that's why the island care comes hated me haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
As others have said really... in London making eye contact with people is likely to get you killed...

Im sure back in good ol suffolk people would be me friendly about it... in the country side at least. Ipswich not so much.
Thanks given by:
And as long as your not a truck driver trying to pick up women to 'help'
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,623 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970