What does this mean - flashing -0 on startup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does this mean - flashing -0 on startup
Hello.

Sorry of this is this wrong section i wasn't sure if it would go in engine specific or electrical. So have put it here for now.

Does anyone know what it means when upon starting the wrench and -0 flash on the little screen in the speedo?
It is a 1999 1.6 Meridian if that makes any difference.

Video:

Photo (well screen grab of the video):
[Image: -0_zps4bdbe0c0.png]
Thanks given by:
Service is overdue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Means your car is due a service. To reset it, turn the ignition off, hold the button in, turn ignition on, wait for countdown to finish, the switch ignition off and on again. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just gave it a full service last weekend, I hope it doesn't want another already Wink.

Thanks @WiNgNuTz I'll try that now

Just a follow up.

It worked, no more service light.
I still do have an intermittent auto diagnostics light but that is for another day.

Thanks guys.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 09:57 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Means your car is due a service. To reset it, turn the ignition off, hold the button in, turn ignition on, wait for countdown to finish, the switch ignition off and on again. Wink

Thats all there is too it???
Can you just do it from cold or does it need to run first??

"Hold button in, turn ignition on, wait for countdown to finish, the switch ignition off and on again.

I couldn't get it to work last time, but think it was more complex.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 08:12 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(25-04-2014, 09:57 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Means your car is due a service. To reset it, turn the ignition off, hold the button in, turn ignition on, wait for countdown to finish, the switch ignition off and on again. Wink

"Hold button in, turn ignition on, wait for countdown to finish, the switch ignition off and on again.

Yeah thats it. Nothing else. I never bother really as I know when I needs servicing
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I literally only did it the other day as I'm selling the car, and didn't want any potential buyers to think it hasn't been serviced. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It is that simple, though mine won't work on one of the 306s, broken clocks I think.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 08:12 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:

Yep thats all it needs.
I didn't even start the engine.
Thanks given by: