Is my engine dying?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my engine dying?
Is this an issue? When I rev the engine after start up it shakes and rumbles a bit. Not sure if it's dying or not :/ any help appreciated

Thanks given by:
Nah, not dying. Just trying to stall, probably just the ICV. Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 03:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Nah, not dying. Just trying to stall, probably just the ICV. Smile

I may have to find a Magnetti one, it's so annoying just doesn't know what revs to stay at
Thanks given by:
I can't watch the vid due to lack of signal but you could try cleaning it out to prolong its life
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 04:44 PM)306Dan Wrote: I can't watch the vid due to lack of signal but you could try cleaning it out to prolong its life

Where's it located to? Is it behind the throttle body?
Thanks given by:
I'll try get you a pic shortly
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 05:32 PM)306Dan Wrote: I'll try get you a pic shortly

Thanks mate Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: icv.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 06:02 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: [Image: icv.jpg]

I seen this on my car today, I took it off and there is like a brass post thing that stays in the throttle body, should I take the post thing out and clean it up?
Thanks given by:
That sounds like you've removed the Throttle Position Sensor.
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 07:14 PM)gretsch-drummer Wrote: That sounds like you've removed the Throttle Position Sensor.

I haven't touched it, don't even know what it looks like haha
Thanks given by:
if you've taken the ICV out and theres any bit of it left in the TB than it's dead, lol no amount of cleaning is bringing that back..
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 08:11 PM)John1.4 Wrote: if you've taken the ICV out and theres any bit of it left in the TB than it's dead, lol no amount of cleaning is bringing that back..

Yeah there was something left in the TB it was a brass colour. just need to find a Magneti ICV to replace it
Thanks given by: