theodore the xud turbo sleeper.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
theodore the xud turbo sleeper.
Should be knocking on for 200 with the xud7. Apparently it's better balanced and less stressed than the 9
Thanks given by:
Here's some pics of making the flanges at work today [Image: dymy5atu.jpg][attachment=16763][IMG][IMG][attachment=16764][attachment=16765][attachment=16766][Image: a4e9y9ym.jpg][/IMG][/IMG]
Thanks given by:
Sweet

Nice bit of kit there!!

You wana offer that as a service mate, get a lot of business from peeps on here...esp peeps like Puggy...would of saved him £100s
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm happy to do it for anyone that wants bits and pieces doing such as machining and welding laser cutting etc
Thanks given by:
You, my friend, will become a friend of many now you've said that!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha!
Thanks given by:
Good work mate, looking forward to seeing what progress has been made by Pugfest!

Now, what parts do I want/need machining for my car.... hmmm
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
More progress tonight! Battery relocated. Fans removed temporarily to be replaced with slimline and intercooler going in. Battery reloc and engine mount chopped down and to be reinforced is the only visible work. Had a chop about with my turbo relocation pipe and got it to a state where I can tack it up and do some more.

How much of an angle can the turbo oil feeds run at? As in up right being 12 and 6 o clock?

[Image: beze3y7y.jpg]

[attachment=16767][attachment=16768]
Thanks given by:
As clock to 6/12 as you can
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's what I'm attempting but the 4 m6 bolts that hold the hotside on are REALLY siezed/tight. I can get them off by shearing them then drilling and tapping but its ballache i could do without!
Thanks given by:
Heat them up Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
yeah! I'll get the oxy on them tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
yeah a bit of heat, I've never had one snap on all the turbos I have stripped down or clocked.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah likewise, I'm heavy handed and break alot of stuff but I've always managed to get turbo bolts out intact.

The oil HAS to run vertically down through the turbo, apparently even a few degrees out can be detrimental.
Thanks given by:
Right! I'll remember that haha!
Thanks given by:
I think you're good up to 30 degree off vertical, but aim for as close to as possible .

If a few degrees made much difference we'd be stuffed going up and down hills.

Just bear in mind the only thing getting the oil back in the sump is gravity, and you don't want it backing up
Thanks given by:
Yeah your right! But surely the pressure of the incoming oil will force it through the drain off pipe a bit too
Thanks given by:
If it causes a slight blockage with being at to much of a wrong angle and not draining back quick enough it wont get the desired oil pressure there. Therefore oil starvation
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Ah! I see. Gonna warm it up with Oxy at lunch time Nd see ifni get it apart
Thanks given by:
Any progress man??
Thanks given by:
Haha, another sleeper 205. Spec sounds great! Good luck matey.
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2016, 11:29 AM)399road Wrote: Haha, another sleeper 205. Spec sounds great! Good luck matey.

Will hasnt been on here for a while and this thing is long dead as he lives near me.  He bought a fiesta st then a bmw, no idea why
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 61,966 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11 ginge191 466 260,641 29-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,106 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb