Understeer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understeer
My car seems to understeer quiet a lot since I lowered the suspension. The front end seems to be more softer/bouncier than the back end. Am I right in thinking that if I stiffen my front suspension, this would reduce the chance of understeer? Or am I talking sh*t? Haha.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
Did you alter the rake of the car when you lowered it? e.g. is the rear now lower/level with the front.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the rear is probably lower by 20mm
Thanks given by:
that wont help at all.

what lowering springs did you use?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Some called AW from ebay. Im wanting to get some coilovers soon. Ill get the back end raised up the same as the front this weekend.
Thanks given by:
If you stiffen the front you'll make it worse. You've already stiffened the front with the lower springs compared to the rear....and yes, rear high than the back ideally.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
if they are cheap springs, could be the issue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
once you lower a car , it alters the wheel alignment---go and get the tracking done, you will find its toeing out loads.
Thanks given by:
You want the back a bit higher than the front.

Lower, stiffer springs make the front bouncier anyway without addin uprated shocks like b6's or b8's.

Get the uprated shocks and use them with lowering springs, better than coilovers.

And as fixit said get trackin done quik or you'll eat through your tyres.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by: