some good news, more bad news...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some good news, more bad news...
i don't fully understand what you've done with the actuator to be honest, why do you not just have manual boost controller in line with the wastegate? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've run out of money, so got myself a bleed-valve (much cheaper) but could take up to 2 weeks before it arrives...!

normally there is a short hose from the turbo inlet to the actuator, about 10cm long (4 to 5 inch?)
my 2 hoses (1 from turbo and 1 from actuator) are 2 feet long, so I could place the bleed-valve on the top side of the engine,
so I could control it without having to reach to the turbo...

bleed-valve basically does the same thing as a boost-controller, it a T-pies...
one side the pressure comes in, one side goes to the actuator, the last one lets air escape as much as I want...
when I turn the screw IN, the less air escapes, the more air it converts to the actuator...

without the bleed-valve, the actuator isn't getting ANY air, so I thought the wastegate would stay shut!
wouldn't weld the wastegate because of the Lucas pump, didn't know if the pump could get enough fuel in for the max pressure I would have if I welded the Wastegate shut...

gonna install something like this (picture below, don't know the English word for it) to the end of the actuator beam, just to confirm what you guys are saying...
isn't a permanent solution, I know, but welding the wastegate shut means I have to take the turbo off again...
I'm just glad SOMETHING IS FINALLY WORKING after having so much trouble with my semi-ECU Bosch pump and the first turbo that didn't work at all...!

[Image: Wedge_(wig).jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just wind the actuator rod up tighter, will eliminate wastegate creep
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
MBC's also eliminate wastegate creep.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Bit of a hijack but also I can't get more than about 13 psi out of mine. How should I adjust it or fix it could I have a broken wastegate spring it is a k 14
Thanks given by:
didn't I do the same thing in your topic...? Tongue
go right ahead mate...! we have to figure this out together, that's the purpose of this forum, right...?!?

shutting my wastegate did the trick on my car...
had a plastic widge first, had pressure, but the damn thing melted in 10 seconds... Tongue
got the actuator rod all turned in, and got a bolt stuck at the wastegate side...

got like 1.4/1.5 bar of boost (around 21psi) on the adjusted Lucas,
trying to get a Bosch, do a GOV-mod and LDA grind, than I'll have mij 170bhp, right! Tongue

only have a picture of my plastic widge:
[Image: altAtx5b1iDxPvwqQVWNoodwWLbnzWvUIyw0YeebOsaSpp_.jpg]

btw, is THIS the Bosch pump I need to have?
have no clue what that stuff is at the back of this pump,
look like a waterhose connection to me...

http://link.marktplaats.nl/m805571047

ad translated:

Bosch fuel pump
for 1.9 turbo diesel
pump is good
cleaning up my garage
possible to sell the IC and K14 turbo with it
maybe for a project...
Thanks given by:
pmsl at "widge" hahaha, it's wedge for next time mate, widge is well, something else lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
so do tell...! Tongue

but, what about that pump...? can I call to pick it up...?!? just halve an hour drive...!
Thanks given by:
anyone...?!?

http://link.marktplaats.nl/m805571047

got some more good/bad news to report!

was driving on the highway, pedal to the metal! going around 185km/h (116mph), than: *PING!*...
boost gauge dropped from 1.4bar to 0.5bar, but car ran fine...!
haven't located the problem yet, tested the boost gauge, seems to work fine...

got a videoclip of running almost 1.5bar...:
http://youtu.be/ilPxSjYxOYA
Thanks given by:
Cause you were driving like a willybum if that translates... Haha
Thanks given by:
You'll cook the turbo driving it constantly like that, they're old diesel engines. It'll make the power and take the abuse, but thrash it like that and it'll just start melting stuff.

EDIT: just rewatched the vid, that's not as bad as I thought, but my point still stands tbh Smile
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: