Big oil leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big oil leak
So put exhaust and finished off fitting FMIC today and thought it was going great!

Looked at the side of the car and its pissing oil like mad when I rev it! My thoughts are it could be the oil feed line to turbo and it might of cracked but no sure at the moment. As I had to clean up lots of oil!!!!

If it is the oil feed, where is the best place to get one from? I tried the code on service box for the part but I can't find it at the moment. Gonna keep searching for it.
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 05:20 PM)MarkTD Wrote: So put exhaust and finished off fitting FMIC today and thought it was going great!

Looked at the side of the car and its pissing oil like mad when I rev it! My thoughts are it could be the oil feed line to turbo and it might of cracked but no sure at the moment. As I had to clean up lots of oil!!!!

If it is the oil feed, where is the best place to get one from? I tried the code on service box for the part but I can't find it at the moment. Gonna keep searching for it.

I'm guessing a hydraulics shop would be the best place for a new pipe
Thanks given by:
its either a crack in the oil feed line, or the rubber seal in the union nut has worn and isnt holding a seal hence oil pissing out. happened to me when i changed my turbo. so first i would check the little o ring seal first before buying a new feed line. if not then you can get a flexi hose made up for around £30 i think,
thats if it is the oil feed, get under the car and clean up the oil and try and figure out where its actually coming from first.
Thanks given by:
Turns out the return line had come off. It's fixed now Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,863 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug