Driving a car with no mot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving a car with no mot
Connor Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Not that I condone it but don't forget i THINK it's only a warning if the not has just run out. Providing there's no section 59s on the car of course ninja
Cars are not given section 59s, the driver is. The car is irrelevant, I could get one in my car, then drive yours and get another one, your car would be seized as that would be my 2nd section 59, even though it was in a separate car

Nope mate your wrong, the S59 applies to both the driver and the vehicle

So if Bob gets stopped driving Daves car and a warning is issued then the next day Bob gets in his own car and Dave gets his car and both go out and drive like knobs then BOTH cars can be seized.

To get issued a warning you must

Drive in a manner that constitutes careless or inconsiderate driving (definition contrary to the RTA)
OR
In a place other than a road (again defined by the RTA)

AND

In a manner causing or likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public (not annoyance to the police)

Warnings last for exactly 1 year, apply to person and vehicle (but not passengers) and police can smash into your house to seize your vehicle.
Thanks given by:
What if I where to sell the car after getting both of us (car & vehicle) a warning?

Does the new owner have a car, that has a "warning" against it? For being a naughty naughty car. :|
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by: