Hdi - non starter (sort of) New injectors PP2000 data inside

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi - non starter (sort of) New injectors PP2000 data inside
Clutch switch is only used to match revs during gearchanges or pulling away. Reduces chances of stalling and smoothes gearchanges... Don't think you'd notice any issues with a faulty one tbh though.
Thanks given by:
Just wait until you've got it running properly, you'll wonder why you didn't move over before. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Right got some injectors from the scrappy today, some 076's from a 307 :-D
The thing which struck me first is how wet my ones were when I took them out and also, the copper seals didn't fit properly at all! Chances are then that my injectors are probably good.
Well I had already committed at this point so pressed on.
Car fired up very well indeed (been struggling a bit lately) put it straight on pp to get some results to post up.
Cylinder 3 is still a bit out from the others but much better than before. Does anyone know the actual tolerances or would anyone mind posting a pic of their healthy hdi?
Took the car for a drive and it is much quieter but doesn't feel as quick. I'll give it a few days to settle down and see how it goes.
Anyway here is the pic of one of the removed injectors, all were wet all the way up but 3 had this sludge near the tip too? Also is the pic of the latest pp data.

[attachment=16675]

[attachment=16676]
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Tolerances are ~2mm3/stroke iirc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Those tolerances look about the same as the HDis I've tested here. Smile

Its odd you say they seem quieter but slower....that's exactly how my 076s seemed as well. Confused I've just kept with the ticky 044s on my current one.
Thanks given by:
^ Cheers both, feel better about it now. Gave it a good blast today on the way to work and no cutting out as yet but lets see how it goes!!

Yep, definitely not pulling as hard Tom, not sure if possibly my f$cked 044's were chucking in too much fuel or what but its noticeably slower now Sad

May have to look into a S1 Wink How much is JP charging?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
If it's been ran on red for a while then it's likely the injectors are knackered too. Red also comes from dirty tanks, have you cleaned the in tank lift pump?

If you're still having no luck, install 'Camstudio' and then video the screen of fuel pressure and fuel pressure regulator duty cycle under full load through the whole of third gear.

Usually the intermittent immobiliser problem won't be making you cut out, but may sometimes prevent the car from starting. It's worth fixing that though, likely a problem with the aerial which goes around the ignition barrell.

Steve
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 09:46 AM)londondan86 Wrote: ^ Cheers both, feel better about it now. Gave it a good blast today on the way to work and no cutting out as yet but lets see how it goes!!

Yep, definitely not pulling as hard Tom, not sure if possibly my f$cked 044's were chucking in too much fuel or what but its noticeably slower now Sad

May have to look into a S1 Wink How much is JP charging?

Good to hear its working...again lol.

Hmm, not sure about the old injectors chucking too much in, mine wasn't smoky or anything, I literally just changed them due to noise and what I thought was a lack of power, but turned out to be quite a low map anyway. Definitely think theres something we're missing with these 076s though.

I'd suggest PMing JP about a map price if you're after one. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Logging? JTaylor2005 19 2,646 20-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: craig306
  PP2000 help. Pics and videos inside 2.0 hdi Paul_13 14 3,183 07-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Galletto 1260 won't read data Hdi and proud of it 7 2,735 21-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Hdi and proud of it