Hard starting when cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard starting when cold
Basically I have just rebuilt my engine with hdi rods ( bought already in the block) rebuilt the head and is all in the car.
I have used the old glowplugs just cleaned up the threads as they were fine in the other engine.
But when it comes to cranking the engine just seems slow even when it has another set of jump leads on. All connections seem fine the battery has been relocated to the boot with a power comming straight to a junction box and an earth from the battery all the way to the gearbox so should be good connections
Anyone have any ideas? Lazy starter??
Thanks given by:
Try putting the jump leads directly onto the engine to rule out if it's the cables or connections you've installed first of all. If it's different you'll know straight away that you need to re-check the install.
Thanks given by:
yeah id second that

Ideally you want good earth from battery to somewhere in the boot, nice n thick with a good solid connection to the car body.

Then another good one from engine bay to gearbox
Thanks given by:
At the minute I got my earth from the battery terminal all the the way to the gearbox and the everything in the engine bay to the gearbox aswell so there should be a good earth there?? It was fine before I took the engine out so should be ok. But I'll try the jump leads tho
Thanks given by:
Jump lead from battery negative to chassis and then another from chassic to gearbox, see if its any better. From what i understand you've put the battery in the boot and ran an earth and a power wire to the front of the car?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea battery in the boot one power and one earth from battery to engine bay all new cables and terminals. Was absolutely fine before I pulled the engine out.
Thanks given by:
Junction boxes, or whatever you've used under bonnet, check they're all properly attached and clean etc would be first on my list.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea will do buddy. It better be clean it's only a month old lol

[attachment=15557]
This is what all my power feeds goto
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems starting when cold D Turbo Lyle 11 2,749 20-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Last Post: D Turbo Lyle
  air in fuel hard to start when cold dec-66 12 2,816 07-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Kwik