Morette main beam not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morette main beam not working
Hey, Im after some help Smile

I have a PH3 and have fitted Morettes and only use the outers with H4's

Since fitting them the passenger main beam doesn't work. At first I thought it was the bulb but have since replaced it and its made no difference.

It has a relay fitted to make the headlights work, do you think it could be the relay not working? All the connections on the relay look to be good, and the dipped beam work fine.

Im going to replace the 3 pin bulb connector because it looks a bit tired, could that be the fault instead of the relay?

The drivers side works fine with dipped and main beam

Cheers, Jake
Thanks given by:
Have you got a multimeter to check you've got voltage going to the bulb and a good earth?

You can then trace back and see where the problem is.
Thanks given by:
Yes at work, just wondered if anyone else had any ideas haha Smile
Thanks given by:
On mine the relay is there for the inner lights, the outer H4 work of the stalk, id say you have a bad connection in the 3 pin connector as you say, i think you should put a Ph2 single optic stalk on it or you may burn out cables
Thanks given by:
Suppose if no meter to hand you can always double check your connections, and give em all a wiggle to see if something turns on.

Can you feel / hear the relay click when you put high beam on? Although some relays can still click even if knackered.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question No Dipped/Low beam not working silestanix 1 900 26-07-2015, 02:23 AM
Last Post: silestanix
  Low beam Not working joshh101 0 775 08-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Last Post: joshh101
  Diagram Needed!: Main Engine > Chassis Loom Plug Ruan 10 3,509 03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Eeyore