307 1.6/2.0 HDI 110/136 Intercooler for Stage 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 1.6/2.0 HDI 110/136 Intercooler for Stage 2
Would this work or would the intercooler not be up to scratch? I can pick one up stupidly cheap
Thanks given by:
They don't fit very well and it's not really up to the job imo. Look at the size of the outlets, that'll give you a very rough idea of what it'll flow and hence how much power it'll make. For instance, 330d interooler has 70mm outlets, so cross-sectional area of ~3850mm2, whereas the 110hdi cooler has 48.5mm ports, so ~1850mm2. Fairly obvious deficit there, even without taking into account bernoullis principle or anything like that.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
what;s the outlet of the turbo like?...
Thanks given by:
Tiny lol, 43mm iirc.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 07:01 PM)Poodle Wrote: They don't fit very well and it's not really up to the job imo. Look at the size of the outlets, that'll give you a very rough idea of what it'll flow and hence how much power it'll make. For instance, 330d interooler has 70mm outlets, so cross-sectional area of ~3850mm2, whereas the 110hdi cooler has 48.5mm ports, so ~1850mm2. Fairly obvious deficit there, even without taking into account bernoullis principle or anything like that.

Oh right, damn i could have bought an intercooler for £9.99 haha, ah well, thanks for the reply!
Thanks given by:
There are a lot of suitable oem intercoolers going cheap on ebay, just got to know what to search for. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-04-2014, 06:17 PM)Poodle Wrote: There are a lot of suitable oem intercoolers going cheap on ebay, just got to know what to search for. Wink

Yeah your right Tongue Im going to go for stage 2 limited torque if my mate with an intercooled 306 will help me with fitting it Tongue
Im also getting a go in his full torque stage 2 when he gets it back up and running, then hes going to get the r70 pump, 1800 bar pressure thing and eventually a GT20, would be pretty rapid with a GT20 strapped on!
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 07:41 PM)Poodle Wrote: Tiny lol, 43mm iirc.

so, who do you want to fit a bigger diameter intercooler pipes, as that will just slow all the air down.

sure if the turbo was bigger and flowing much ore air, then hell yeah make the intercooler and pipework bigger, bit its not...
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2014, 09:13 PM)MY95 Wrote: Yeah your right Tongue Im going to go for stage 2 limited torque if my mate with an intercooled 306 will help me with fitting it Tongue
Im also getting a go in his full torque stage 2 when he gets it back up and running, then hes going to get the r70 pump, 1800 bar pressure thing and eventually a GT20, would be pretty rapid with a GT20 strapped on!

They certainly are!

(16-04-2014, 09:49 PM)welshpug Wrote: so, who do you want to fit a bigger diameter intercooler pipes, as that will just slow all the air down.

sure if the turbo was bigger and flowing much ore air, then hell yeah make the intercooler and pipework bigger, bit its not...

I'm not talking about upping the bore of the whole system, just saying that port size on an intercooler gives a good indication of it's potential for flow, hence power. The 110HDi intercooler is designed for 110bhp of air flow, we are aiming for 160; it seems optimistic to me to try and use that intercooler. Besides, when you reduce gas velocity you increase pressure, which is actually beneficial (to a point) pre-intercooler, just look at oem systems for examples. I can't remember the exact measurements for the "C5" lower pipe, but it increases in diameter from ~43mm to ~61mm iirc - that's coming directly from the turbo and is designed to do exactly that on a turbo that's barely any bigger than ours.

I see your point tbf, but i'm not talking about installing 3" pipes everywhere, in fact if someone had suggested as much i'd be saying the same as you.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So thinking about this again but for a Stage 1+, what is the plug for on the side of the 110HDI intercooler?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-307-2-0-HDI-Intercooler-110HP-/252380310676?hash=item3ac309ec94:g:1kcAAOSwNSxU5Pj-

Would be pretty easy to do id think if you bought the full 110 intercooler setup, and fitted it in the same place, surely wouldn't need that much modification? Youd get a few more mpg, and a bit more power all over the rev range, and you could really push the stage 1 as well, looking like a standard setup/engine too, win win!
Thanks given by:
Plug is probably for a MAP (boost pressure) sensor, wont be relevant to a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ah sweet thanks Tom! Guessing it would have to be blanked? Or could it just be left how it is?
Thanks given by:
Just leave it how it is. Job done
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It's a really small intercooler (only designed for 110bhp, which is less than a light stage 1), it's too tall to fit nicely under the slam panel iirc, you'd need to rereoute the radiator and airbox feed pipes, the pipes are too long where it's designed for a 406 and you'd need a different airbox, rad and fan cowling. Basically it's probably more work than fitting an aftermarket intercooler, less neat and just as/more expensive for less performance potential.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intercooler on stage 1 aaron_one 61 16,166 07-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Slam Wagon