do I tune to stage 2 or change car???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do I tune to stage 2 or change car???
Ive got a stage one hdi with a full stainless system and she runs like a dream only probelm is she is a little small for my and my kids so should I just stick with her as I know shes a good solid car and tune to stage 2 or do I sell her and get a vectra cdti 120 then remap it your thoughts please??
Thanks given by:
Buy an estate and transfers all across :p
Thanks given by:
Would the exhaust fit an estate??? And im pretty sure a remap for the vectra takes it to 180 bhp and a shit load of torque but I dont know what there engines are like
Thanks given by:
vectras are nothing but hassle, duel mass flywheel, shitty brakes and they are worth nothing 2 weeks after they buy them...

stage 2 or buy an estate atleast 306's are holding there money Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh really I thought the 120s where pretty trouble free but sounds like im wrong and my peggy is amazing never misses a beat just a little small
Thanks given by:
hit and miss, just same as buying any car look for a good one dont rush into buying any old one as you will regret it...

vauxhall engines always sound rattly too and dont like egr's

what age was you looking at getting?
Thanks given by:
Just had a brainwave never thought about a 406 2.2 hdi what are they like????
Thanks given by:
406s are terrible. Engines are ok but the cars are rideld with electrical issues and knock out frippery joints (the lower ball joint equivalent on these) all the time
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
That's a shame has anyone else had these problems? ??
Thanks given by:
Buy a looked after, clean and decent 406 HDi 90 BOSCH ECU)(no dmf shit), then stage 2 it. They're awesome buses, if a touch uninspiring. But that's cured with more power.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Most cars that have been well looked after will be fine, unfortunately they're few and far between. This is a 306 forum, it's fairly obvious that most people will tell you a 306 is the best way forward as that's currently their situation or opinion, else they wouldn't be here lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 05:26 AM)Poodle Wrote: Most cars that have been well looked after will be fine, unfortunately they're few and far between. This is a 306 forum, it's fairly obvious that most people will tell you a 306 is the best way forward as that's currently their situation or opinion, else they wouldn't be here lol.

This is very true and admitditly I used to work as a tech for peugeot for a year so my views are biased and I only ever saw the bad stuff come through the doors. We never saw the ones that were still out on the road fine. Probably why I like.older cars because I don't see the faults or them often.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Right ive decided its better the devil you know so im keeping peggy but now I have a new question what power does a eco map make and what sort of mpg can I expect from one???
Thanks given by:
Be best off asking the guys writing the map i should think. Most keep the standard power afaik, what'd be the point otherwise..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
An eco map makes whatever you want it to make (all tuners can calculate what to give you if you give a figure), generally a normal stage one will save you a bit of fuel, but if your only interest is fuel economy and you've got a heavy foot I sometimes reduce throttle response to reduce fuel wastage, reduce top end power so that fuel just can't be used. Fuel=power, if you cut the fuelling off you literally can't waste fuel, but when you want some power you'll be a bit disappointed.

Another option is to have a normal stage 1 / 2 map but with reduced throttle response until 100% pedal depression, problem here is that it will make the car feel quite different to drive until you get used to it.

Personally I would just go for a normal stage 1 and drive it sensibly, you'll save fuel, most people do.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Map it to stage 2. If you dont like it then get a bigger car afterwards!
Thanks given by:
Definatly stage 2, if your gentle the clutch should be ok for a good while an if you aren't driving like a nutter all the time I don't find a huge difference in mpg from stage 1 to 2...

Glad you decided to keep it and steer well clear of the 1.9 cdti's, we had them on fleet in zafiras and were terrible, dpfs, egrs, dual mass, glow plug issues, crank woodruff key issues, rattly, noisey.. yea, not good.

I keep wanting a new car, something newer and abit bigger, but I cant think of something that will give me simiar mpg and even come close to the reliability of my hdi... so to trade all that in for something newer seems crazy to me Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know what you mean its such a great car and now ive got a jp 135 map its like a different car so I cant wait to go full stage 2 just worried about my poor old clutch
Thanks given by:
What connects the turbo to the c5 pipe on a c5 as ive just read I need 41mm 90 degree silicone one
Thanks given by:
It is just a straight silicone, but the turbo sits differently which is why on the 306 you need the 41mm 90 degree.

I have got one, for mine, but i think that it needs trimming to make it fit correctly !

[Image: IMAG1068_zpsea6f789e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What cooler are you using titch and the rest of your bits look very clean should mate for a tidy install
Thanks given by:
This is mine here:

All the bits i got for it are new, apart from the 406 top pipe and inlet elbow but that went in the parts washer at the car club at work, so came up nice and clean.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-23175.html

got it all bolted on last week and the fan sorted, and then hopefully in the next few weeks get it all plumbed in.
Thanks given by:
How much have you spent so far mate???
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 05:42 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: How much have you spent so far mate???

A fair bit i spose, but then the way i see it, is if your going to do something, do it properly or as best you can first time, i didn't want to do it on the cheap and then forever be chasing problems. I do 600 + miles a week in the car so i really wanted to be able to bolt it on plumb it in and forget about it.

I have been colleting bits for ages ( this car is just my work horse )so i didn't have to do it to quickly and spend out at once, i got the intercooler from a mate for 30 quid, the c5 bottom pipe i got new for 30 odd quid, the inlet elbow from my local scrappy for a fiver, about 20 quid on the slimline fan and then on clamps and silicones i would guess another 50 max ( thats not all of it in the picture ). And my mate left me a box full of alloy cut offs left over from when we did his on his T5.

My plan is to get it all fitted then the stage 2 limited torque map until the clutch goes, then i will fit an uprated clutch and the hopefully go full torque stage 2.
Thanks given by:
Where did you get the silicone pipes from mate and your lucky to have got that intercooler for that money as its a really nice one and looks like it fits a treat
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 06:41 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Where did you get the silicone pipes from mate and your lucky to have got that intercooler for that money as its a really nice one and looks like it fits a treat

Yeah i was lucky with that, as new they are around 130 quid.
I got them off ebay mate.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to 306 hdi engines looking to tune up robert.franklin.9803 9 1,974 28-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Toms306