burning smell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
burning smell
Just wondering if any of you have experienced this
Every time I enter a motorway I get this burning rubber smell in the car, after a few minutes it clears and doesn't come back unless you floor it, it does happen sometimes on A roads but only if I'm pushing the car hard,
any help on this would be much appreciated Thanks
Thanks given by:
does the car smoke under load at all?
Thanks given by:
Its oil burning in the turbo/exhaust I think, I get this on mine quite a lot when pushed hard but no visible smoke from drivers seat.
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2014, 02:41 PM)mspdan Wrote: does the car smoke under load at all?

Yes it does a little bit, I've never noticed a big black cloud of smoke before, even if I drive it gently to get up to 70mph, you 99% guarantee the smell will start

(14-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its oil burning in the turbo/exhaust I think, I get this on mine quite a lot when pushed hard but no visible smoke from drivers seat.

So basically nothing to worry about ???, it's been like this since I brought it, I just chose to ignore it lol, thought I'd better check as don't won't it catching fire
Thanks given by:
Any news on this? I'm having a similar problem
Thanks given by:
Yeah I inhereted this issue, on toms. Had a dig around and it looks like there is a very very slow oil leak somewhere. Most often the oil just evaporates but when you push it the exhaust gets hot enough to burn the oil off. I am not really worried about it but will try to identify whats actually leaking at some point.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
It was my previous HDi tose. lol

They all seem to do it tbf though.
Thanks given by:
Mine does this also
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil burning... dr_jekyll 6 1,626 05-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll